Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-29-2020, 10:57 AM   #11
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man I've bought some pieces from them but they seem to be going the way of Gentle Giant. Did they loose a sculptor or something?

I'd been waiting for Kain forever but nothing since Raziel seems to be 'good' (ymmv)
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #12
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If its any consolation Mame Gyorai just put up their 1/9 scale figure/dio on Ami ami. Bad news it's around $330 USD for a 22 centimetre piece.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-119117

eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:15 PM   #13
BurningRage
Inhumans

I would get that if it was at least 1/6
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:21 AM   #14
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yeah I saw that one from Mame Gyorai, too expensive I think. The details are very good (at least for the prototype, not sure about final piece, never heard about them before). Also not sure about the faces, especially Ellie's one.
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:48 AM   #15
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow.broker View Post
Yeah I saw that one from Mame Gyorai, too expensive I think. The details are very good (at least for the prototype, not sure about final piece, never heard about them before). Also not sure about the faces, especially Ellie's one.
It's the same company that made the hunched over Big Chap Alien statue last year. You can check it out on Sideshow.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #16
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
The head sculpt needs to be revised. It does not match the quality of the in-game/cut scene model of Ellie. For the scale and price, everything should be spot-on.
The product description on the GH website claims that statue was created using "in game files."

"In-game files were used in creating Ellie (a big thank you to the Naughty Dog team)..."

But i concur, it does not match the quality of the game (the head sculpt in particular), considering the scale and price.

Like others have mentioned, other companies have made leaps and bounds in their quality the last several years. GH has not progressed.

I still sort of regret getting their Tomb Raider reboot statue a few years ago. at the time, i was still a novice and had just entered the rabbit hole that is is the premium collectible hobby.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #17
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow.broker View Post
I ended up preordering this piece, although i agree that it's pricey considering the smaller scale.

The artist seemed to take a slightly stylized approach (dare I say, a little anime-esque?) - as you pointed out, something seemed peculiar about Ellie's face.

This statue is a little reminiscent of the PS3 Collector's Edition statue that was included in the Post Pandemic Edition - i think that's why i ended buying the Mame Gyorai statue.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote