Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #91
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Some people just want to be "different" for the sake of being different.
They have to oppose every topic with their non-existing expertise.
They have to protest on every subject but when result is finally delivered they all rile up and screaming it's their "right" to benefit from it.

Watson/Crick didn't discover DNA structure overnight nor did the they do it alone.
Way too many scientist claimed to reveal the structure with method like crystallography and others.
If you were there back then you'd probably call that throwing crap against wall but the fact is all those seemingly futile researches supported the finding of the real solution.
how boring would the world be if everyone agreed with everyone?
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #92
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Some people just want to be "different" for the sake of being different.
They have to oppose every topic with their non-existing expertise.
They have to protest on every subject but when result is finally delivered they all rile up and screaming it's their "right" to benefit from it.

Watson/Crick didn't discover DNA structure overnight nor did the they do it alone.
Way too many scientist claimed to reveal the structure with method like crystallography and others.
If you were there back then you'd probably call that throwing crap against wall but the fact is all those seemingly futile researches supported the finding of the real solution.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #93
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
a little bit of sensationalism never hurt anyone.
Lol

or complete failure to read what's actually been written. We're skimming our way to a whole new level of intelligent discussion. Hooray!
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #94
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
Lol

or complete failure to read what's actually been written. We're skimming our way to a whole new level of intelligent discussion. Hooray!
I should take it as a compliment that you're claiming I'm the one that's had a complete failure in reading what was written, when you were incapable of actually reading the article in the OP without coming to a false conclusion.

If you can't respond to a post because you're the one in error, maybe you should leave a thread instead of passive aggressively replying to someone else about my post. Try thinking about what you post next time so you save me the effort.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #95
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #96
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post

Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #97
Mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
I should take it as a compliment that you're claiming I'm the one that's had a complete failure in reading what was written, when you were incapable of actually reading the article in the OP without coming to a false conclusion.

If you can't respond to a post because you're the one in error, maybe you should leave a thread instead of passive aggressively replying to someone else about my post. Try thinking about what you post next time so you save me the effort.
can you explain what false conclusion i came to? . . . or is that too much effort?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #98
Mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
i'm sure enjoying it
Old 03-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #99
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
can you explain what false conclusion i came to? . . . or is that too much effort?
The false conclusion, as I already wrote in my previous reply to you, is your belief that the writer wasn't precise, when he was.

Would you like me to repeat anything else or are you capable of reading previous posts on your own this time?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #100
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
The false conclusion, as I already wrote in my previous reply to you, is your belief that the writer wasn't precise, when he was.

Would you like me to repeat anything else or are you capable of reading previous posts on your own this time?
no one should ever be using the word 'cure' when associating with alzheimer's research. there is no cure and currently no promising human trials on the horizon.

all the headline does is draw the reader to check out the article. yet in the first paragraph, effectively 'cures' the insects, is certain embellishment. opens a window? only millions of windows to go.