Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-24-2022, 05:32 AM   #141
Danii99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
He looks like he has no legs, because he has no legs. That?s all.
Exactly
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:33 PM   #142
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

A great looking statue that shows how far XM has come technically in their pieces. But for the price, space, and all that, how will it sell? This is being positioned as a flagship statue but is it coming to your house?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:00 PM   #143
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I think it was mentioned before in this thread, but he has no legs and its not a secret. This is XM Studios own concept and inspired by the War Tank.

So wait ...how do you explain the missing legs? That War Machine has no legs. Period?

Perhaps I'm not up to speed. Did War Machine become an amputee (lost his legs) in the comics?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM   #144
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Yeah this is why I much prefer War Machine outside of the tank, looks like the best way to display it.
I agree.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #145
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think its obvious the statue has no legs, but looks off if the character himself is supposed to have a lower torso
Exactly!

Did War Machine lose his legs in the comics? I might've missed that one.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #146
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So wait ...how do you explain the missing legs? That War Machine has no legs. Period?

Perhaps I'm not up to speed. Did War Machine become an amputee (lost his legs) in the comics?
I?m not an expert on this story. All i have in mind that?s him from another world and he lost his legs, no idea why and how.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #147
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Okay, so...found this synopsis of the issue Grumpy posted. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/War_Machine_Vol_2_2

"Eaglestar's CEO, Davis Harmon, is ready for War Machine though. As soon as he enters company airspace, they open fire at him with a barrage of Nike missiles. War Machine counteracts everything Eaglestar has to throw at him. The assault takes its toll on Rhodey's systems however, and his cybernetic legs are blown off. The mercenaries converge on his position, convinced that he is nearly dead. Rhodey assimilates his head and torso into the frame of a WR-50 tank and continues the fight. He fires a Roxxon flash pulse that temporarily blinds all of his opponents, enabling him to rescue Glenda. War Machine is ready to kill everyone responsible for her imprisonment, but Sandoval insists that these men should live to stand trial."

It would seem Rhodes was injured at some point and has cybernetic limbs at this point. My knowledge on the character is limited so I plead ignorance. If anyone knows more then by all means...

Interesting concept to run with for XM.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:23 PM   #148
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by Ang Seng

"The war tank have start rolling in the factory .... hopefully first batch can be out on August...", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:26 PM   #149
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Okay, so...found this synopsis of the issue Grumpy posted. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/War_Machine_Vol_2_2

"Eaglestar's CEO, Davis Harmon, is ready for War Machine though. As soon as he enters company airspace, they open fire at him with a barrage of Nike missiles. War Machine counteracts everything Eaglestar has to throw at him. The assault takes its toll on Rhodey's systems however, and his cybernetic legs are blown off. The mercenaries converge on his position, convinced that he is nearly dead. Rhodey assimilates his head and torso into the frame of a WR-50 tank and continues the fight. He fires a Roxxon flash pulse that temporarily blinds all of his opponents, enabling him to rescue Glenda. War Machine is ready to kill everyone responsible for her imprisonment, but Sandoval insists that these men should live to stand trial."

It would seem Rhodes was injured at some point and has cybernetic limbs at this point. My knowledge on the character is limited so I plead ignorance. If anyone knows more then by all means...

thanks for the insight, makes much more sense now. definitely some crazy comic book sh_t right there
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:25 PM   #150
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thanks for the insight, makes much more sense now. definitely some crazy comic book sh_t right there

Well ...damn! Rhodey had it tough. Never followed what happened to Rhodey in comics. Apparently I missed out on a lot. I agree with you, Sonic. That's some crazy comic book writing.

And ...I also agree. Interesting concept to run with, for sure.