Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-16-2022, 05:28 PM   #3121
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
Just a heads up to anyone here in the US who ordered this piece through Secret Compass, so another collector recently got a shipping invoice through SC for a P1 Jurassic piece that was listed as 'Free US Shipping' but was still billed an additional shipping charge of like $300+.

I bring this up because I just noticed that the Jungle Hunter is still available for PO at SC but no longer listed as 'Free US Shipping' and it's now listed at MSRP of $2999. I did go ahead and PO the DXS while it was listed as free shipping but now that I go to my orders page the 'amount owed ' which translates to total cost of the statue, is now at $2999 rather than the $3330 that included free shipping.

So the 'amount remaining' that I have still have yet to pay outside the deposit for the piece is $2669 which in reality should be $3000, that is if SC still plans to honor the original listed price that included free shipping.

I went ahead and sent them an email to see if perhaps this is a glitch or something cause either way, this piece still has a long way to go before it ships.
Interested to hear your outcome. Another certain US based retailer also had Free shipping when this was listed, but in the order details it doesn’t show in the title ‘free shipping’ like other products that do this.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #3122
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
Just a heads up to anyone here in the US who ordered this piece through Secret Compass, so another collector recently got a shipping invoice through SC for a P1 Jurassic piece that was listed as 'Free US Shipping' but was still billed an additional shipping charge of like $300+.

I bring this up because I just noticed that the Jungle Hunter is still available for PO at SC but no longer listed as 'Free US Shipping' and it's now listed at MSRP of $2999. I did go ahead and PO the DXS while it was listed as free shipping but now that I go to my orders page the 'amount owed ' which translates to total cost of the statue, is now at $2999 rather than the $3,298.90 that included free shipping.

So the 'amount remaining' that I have still have yet to pay outside the deposit for the piece is $2669 which in reality should be $2968.90, that is if SC still plans to honor the original listed price that included free shipping.

I went ahead and sent them an email to see if perhaps this is a glitch or something cause either way, this piece still has a long way to go before it ships.
Yes, that was my Jurassic order. It is not just the Pred, dozens of previously "free shipping" P1 listings no longer say this. I still have 5 or 6 of those pieces on preorder including this pred, so I am very concerned about those orders also.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:52 AM   #3123
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

very interesting.

I don't want SC to take it up the caboose on shipping, but wouldn't SC have to honor the deal they advertised?

what do you guys think is gonna happen?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #3124
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
very interesting.

I don't want SC to take it up the caboose on shipping, but wouldn't SC have to honor the deal they advertised?

These shipping crises or whatever you want to call them were in full effect at the time P1 JH went up for PO, and both sellers and buyers took their own gambles (cheaper price, shipping TBD, vs slight higher all inclusive price). IMO there is zero excuse for backing out of the initial offer.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #3125
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
very interesting.

They certainly would. SC has a habit of updating orders/items without adjusting existing orders. Sadly it's up to the buyer to remind them of any past deposits, transfers, credits, etc.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:39 PM   #3126
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
They certainly would. SC has a habit of updating orders/items without adjusting existing orders. Sadly it's up to the buyer to remind them of any past deposits, transfers, credits, etc.
That's not the case here, the order was changed right as it was due to be paid and no notice was given. Only after I "reminded" him that I locked in with free shipping did I get a reply. It was stated he was not going to "lose $300" so it would not be honored. It was claimed that it was some "website glitch" that caused the original low price(that price had been up for quite some time).

They are probably making at least that much on the order so I would have expected him to honor the original deal rather than risk losing a good customer, but luckily I had a couple other pieces shipping at the same time and I was able to work with him to figure out a solution that negated the extra costs.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:57 PM   #3127
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That's not the case here, the order was changed right as it was due to be paid and no notice was given. Only after I "reminded" him that I locked in with free shipping did I get a reply. It was stated he was not going to "lose $300" so it would not be honored. It was claimed that it was some "website glitch" that caused the original low price(that price had been up for quite some time).

They are probably making at least that much on the order so I would have expected him to honor the original deal rather than risk losing a good customer, but luckily I had a couple other pieces shipping at the same time and I was able to work with him to figure out a solution that negated the extra costs.
Hmm. I know SC is a legit retailer , but I don?t know, customer service goes a long way when there?s lots of buying options. They have just dropped to the bottom of my list.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:10 PM   #3128
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Interested to hear your outcome. Another certain US based retailer also had Free shipping when this was listed, but in the order details it doesn?t show in the title ?free shipping? like other products that do this.
That would essentially be illegal here in Australia. I'm sure there are similar laws that US retailers are bound to.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:18 PM   #3129
kaijutitan
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post

That's unfortunate but at least he made up for it. Then again, what route would they take if a customer only had that one order in place? Thankfully JH is definitely my last PO through them. I'll just go direct for P1 from now on.
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:17 PM   #3130
azurepred
Zot

He tried to pull that BS with me on my JND Joker. It was originally listed with free shipping and then he changed it at some point . Luckily, I had a screen shot of the listing when I ordered it, the same as I do with JH Predator as well because it doesn’t surprise me that he would try to pull that crap again.

This will be my last order with him as well. I hear too many issues with him and he changes his listings too much that deceive customers. If he isn’t going to honor the free shipping, I would demand my deposit back and go to great lengths to do so lol.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote