Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #4071
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I emailed BBTS yesterday to ask what the status was and they basically said they haven't heard anything about it arriving with them here in the US as of now. I have a feeling I'll be last to get mine from the later batch. I hope the entire ES is consistent in quality? I saw someone say that & now I'm bugging...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #4072
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I emailed BBTS yesterday to ask what the status was and they basically said they haven't heard anything about it arriving with them here in the US as of now. I have a feeling I'll be last to get mine from the later batch. I hope the entire ES is consistent in quality? I saw someone say that & now I'm bugging...
There's no consistency even within batches so worry is pointless. At least if there are later "batches" there's a chance of an improved process that could address issues.

The 1/4 is a great example of this. There have been a wide range of reception even here and from very experienced collectors. it can't all be subjective. There can objectively be differences between any 2 instances of these since the manufacturing process is so dependent on manual labor.

Just don't settle for less out of fear. If you love what you get perfect, if not let it go at the seller's expense.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:14 AM   #4073
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There's no consistency even within batches so worry is pointless. At least if there are later "batches" there's a chance of an improved process that could address issues.

The 1/4 is a great example of this. There have been a wide range of reception even here and from very experienced collectors. it can't all be subjective. There can objectively be differences between any 2 instances of these since the manufacturing process is so dependent on manual labor.

Just don't settle for less out of fear. If you love what you get perfect, if not let it go at the seller's expense.
They said first batch of this guy was a difficult and slow process and apparently the next batches will be more efficient. I think they knew they had to get it right so in hand pics didn?t get people to cancel like on the 1/4 when first batch shipped
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 01:45 PM   #4074
Jungle Demon
Hydra

They learn and improve the production after 1/4 disaster.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:12 PM   #4075
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs down

Are you back on your Broken record again..

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 PM   #4076
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
They learn and improve the production after 1/4 disaster.
The skills learnt since improving on 1/4 would have been implemented on the 1/3 scale, they aren?t going to stuff up, improve then stuff up again on potential the most important statue they have ever made. The production pics we have seen look stunning I can only hope for the sake of everyone who ordered that they keep that level of quality and not fall off during the course of production
Old 12-03-2022, 03:13 PM   #4077
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ I don’t think production quality is going to suffer. Let’s not forget that they have the 1:3 CH and Berserker on deck. I’m confident that Prime is smarter than putting out crap work and expect customers to continue to throw this kind of money at them.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #4078
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
They said first batch of this guy was a difficult and slow process and apparently the next batches will be more efficient. I think they knew they had to get it right so in hand pics didn?t get people to cancel like on the 1/4 when first batch shipped
That doesn't sound good at all if you getting one from a later batch like probably I am? So basically the 1st batch they painted up super nice so the 1st pictures from in hand collector's that pop up would create a positive buzz. "It was difficult and a slow process". The next batches will be way more efficient for us to get out the door with 1/2 the time spent on painting them. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but that's one way to take their statement
Old 12-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #4079
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That doesn't sound good at all if you getting one from a later batch like probably I am? So basically the 1st batch they painted up super nice so the 1st pictures from in hand collector's that pop up would create a positive buzz. "It was difficult and a slow process". The next batches will be way more efficient for us to get out the door with 1/2 the time spent on painting them. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but that's one way to take their statement
I feel this project is being so closely monitored and hyped by the community that stuffing these up when they made the statement of the owner personally overlooking the production would ruin their chance of selling any of the other 1/3 preds.

The factory workers have had practice with the first batch and will most likely know what works and what doesn?t.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:24 PM   #4080
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
I feel this project is being so closely monitored and hyped by the community that stuffing these up when they made the statement of the owner personally overlooking the production would ruin their chance of selling any of the other 1/3 preds.

The factory workers have had practice with the first batch and will most likely know what works and what doesn?t.
Well I sure hope so. I've been burned a few times in the past with P1, so it's not out of question to me personally. That's a Good point though! If they botched them up, it would crush the sales on the others. I'm crossing my fingers.