Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-02-2023, 06:49 PM   #611
Dundee
Hydra

The pred heads all have a bit of movement when pegged to the neck magnet i.e they can be tilted a bit to our right. Tilt effect should in theory be there, but it won't be looking upwards, unless the statue is on a 1 metre pedestal or if you squat on your knees lol
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:34 AM   #612
Hutch0o
Birdman

I've noticed each statue has slightly different head positions depending on the Mould. I believe the dread in that pic if not caught between the seam would result in the head tilt. I know the guy who posted that pic, i've messaged him asking if he can take another pic without the dread in the way so lets hope he gets a pic for us.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:02 AM   #613
Dundee
Hydra

Even the prototype (full statue) if you watch the 360 video, all the different portraits, they all slightly tilt to our right (predators left).

Some portraits don't have any tilt whilst others tilt in the opposite direction to the prototype. Definitely due to little variance of the mould. Could also explain why some pieces look like their 'leaning' when in fact it's due to his head position.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:26 AM   #614
Hutch0o
Birdman

I think some statues have a slight lean look due to torso position too not just the legs. I've seen some perfectly upright while others having that illusion of a slight lean. Cameras play a part too
Old 02-03-2023, 02:49 AM   #615
Dundee
Hydra

I don't think the legs or torso lean or give the illusion of lean, they sit pretty flush. There's a short video of the closed mouth bust head tilted upwards (prototype), it looks like it's leaning because the head is tilted sideways. I reckon it's all in the tilted head position that make it look like it's leaning.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:41 AM   #616
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarAloy View Post
Wouldn?t lifting that that side of the portrait straighten it though so it would actually tilt without that dread there.
Without the dread between neck, this portrait would look more downwards for sure (while it was advertised as more upwards than other portraits / plus the movie tilt).
Anyhow Prime1 confirmed on facebook page, they removed the advertised head tilt so all heads look mostly forward in same way (better fit on statue).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:38 AM   #617
LunarAloy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Without the dread between neck, this portrait would look more downwards for sure (while it was advertised as more upwards than other portraits / plus the movie tilt).
Anyhow Prime1 confirmed on facebook page, they removed the advertised head tilt so all heads look mostly forward in same way (better fit on statue).
Oh okay that makes sense, thanks for the info all!
LunarAloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:16 PM   #618
sogonoraa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Did they keep the misaligned right eye?
sogonoraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:21 PM   #619
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I don't think the legs or torso lean or give the illusion of lean, they sit pretty flush. There's a short video of the closed mouth bust head tilted upwards (prototype), it looks like it's leaning because the head is tilted sideways. I reckon it's all in the tilted head position that make it look like it's leaning.
Nope it?s not the head that gives the lean illusion. I have pics of other collectors statues from certain angles that show the illusion of a lean and it?s definitely not just because of the head. I?ll post a pic below.
Also the promo pics are taken from a lower angle to show the head tilt. I asked the owner of the closed mouth bust to remove the dread from the seam and take a pic front on. Head tilt looks present in my opinion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC6ACE57-DC00-4E11-B4AE-B2FB6E0D6C58.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	158775   Click image for larger version

Name:	688D4310-914E-4F2A-AD63-A6124A271802.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	158776  
Old 02-04-2023, 07:25 PM   #620
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Thanks for this info can you show me where prime 1 said this? I?m not sure what makes you think a dread jammed in the neck seam being moved would make the head look more downwards, if you move the dread it would then tilt and look up. I asked the owner of the bust to take a pic front on and from the same angle as the promo pics. Here is the result with the dread moved from the neck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1A468EB7-5F6A-4614-8FFE-361B3C910CA4.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	158777