Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Batman V Superman ***SPOILER THREAD***

Seeing as screenings have started, and there as also been significant spoilers posted to social media as a result, here is the place to now discuss the film for those who have seen it.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Thanks MM

Hello gang, so watched the movie this morning and it gets a 7/10 from me.

Spoilers spoilers spoilers....

Overall Ben Affleck was ok as Bruce Wayne but I didn't feel so much for the actor playing Supes. Henry Cavill is ok as Clark but as Superman I think he lacks something, the only time I liked him was when he was about to kill Lex with his eye beams.

Also the chemistry between Louis and Supes was lacking something. Jeremy Irons as Alfred was not even close to Michail Canes portrayal. Young Lex I found just annoying. And Louis Lane did do it for me either.

The build up to Batman hating Supes was alright what I didn't like was the whole "mummy" thing making it the tides change, it felt a little childish, not convincing enough

Doomsday was way to big. But cool when the spikes started to come out.

Now over to the good stuff.

Batman was awesome I really liked the fight scenes and the costume.

The Trinity was awesome, seeing Wonder Woman, Bats and Supes in one shoot was all kinds of awesome!

Wonder Woman as a character was bad ass, action and sexyness all into one!

Cool to see some JLA members clips also, but the actor playing Flash I did not feel, take the guy from the Netflix Series instead.

I also liked that they actually killed of Supes but I was surprised at my self actually for not thinking before the movie that it was going to happen, everybody knows that Doomsday killed Superman but even being so it didn't click in to me until way into the movie.

What I didn't like was that they showed in the end that he was already coming back in the last second of the movie.

Lex Mentions a figure that is Darksied but they don't explain how he got knowledge of him. One can only assume that it was from the kryptonian library from the ship.

And now some questions to you experts, what was the whole future vision that Bats got from? And the Guy screaming to Bruce that lois was the key, was that some version of Flash? And what was the point?

When you guys and gals have the chance to see it please let me know your inputs!

Thanks
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
I also liked that they actually killed of Supes but I was surprised at my self actually for not thinking before the movie that it was going to happen, everybody knows that Doomsday killed Superman but even being so it didn't click in to me until way into the movie.

What I didn't like was that they showed in the end that he was already coming back in the last second of the movie.
Now I wish I didn't read this.

Rest is an interesting take, thanks. I see it Thursday.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #4
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Now I wish I didn't read this.

Rest is an interesting take, thanks. I see it Thursday.
Please come back with your thoughts, specielly on the future, dream message from the future thingy... I still dont get that One..
Old 03-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Could be related to Injustice: Gods Among Us, where Lois is killed and Superman becomes a violent dictator. The Flash travels back in time to warn Batman perhaps?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #6
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Could be related to Injustice: Gods Among Us, where Lois is killed and Superman becomes a violent dictator. The Flash travels back in time to warn Batman perhaps?
Aaahhh that makes sense, in the glimpses that Batman had of the future Supes was a kind of dictator with his own army. And some version of the flash was trying to tell Bats that Louis was the key.

But Honestly it did not make any sense, why would Batman see this future?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #7
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Aaahhh that makes sense, in the glimpses that Batman had of the future Supes was a kind of dictator with his own army. And some version of the flash was trying to tell Bats that Louis was the key.

But Honestly it did not make any sense, why would Batman see this future?
Yeah, not too sure about that, maybe Bats can see the future now?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:42 PM   #8
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Where to start with this movie? I don't usually get involved in movie discussion, but you have no idea how high my hopes were for this movie. I mean, without even going all 'fanboy', I am the kind of guy who just appreciates these 2 iconic figures are sharing screentime, and yet.. so much is wrong.

Please don't read if you haven't seen the movie..........................

Doomsday is Lex's 'son'?

Lex conveniently has the studios logos for each of the other justice league members? I mean.. fair enough he's been tracking them, but the official logos??

btw.. Aren't they making a cyborg movie? Wasn't that a crazy way to show what should be a huge aspect of that future movie?

Oh, and we get it, Jason Mamoa is playing Aquaman.. don't have him stand there dazed for 5 minutes before attacking the camera man spontaneously..

Lex knows Superman is Clark Kent already?

Batman is the one to call the shots about the future JL and say 'we need to stick together'?? I thought he was the difficult one to keep convinced on the team

by the way, wasn't he about to kill Superman, and out of nowhere just stops - never mind Supes trying to reason with him several times before that moment - all of a sudden he is reasoned, and moments later telling Superman's mom 'I am a son of your friends'.. I do like the line, but it needs to be DEVELOPED..

Yes, speaking of what you guys mentioned above, what the hell was that??? Some kind of future flashback who's sole purpose was to mention Lois Lane, and yet Batman does not mention this at all or follow this up at all, or barely have an interaction with Lois, and at that point even know who Lois is??

Speaking of which.. this movie does not flow, at all.. nothing is developed..

the list goes on.. it's hard for me to choose and know where to end.. I'll let others chime in
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:14 PM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Batman v Superman is no classic and it won't be up there with the best CBMs to date. It has its flaws mainly the editing for me but it does have some wonderful action sequences and probably the best Batman on screen to date. Affleck nails it. Some may say the balance between the characters is biased towards Batman as he is being introduced to us in this new DCU and to an extent this is the case but there is plenty of Superman here too. He will redeem himself for many following his MoS debut. Personally I think people have criticised that movie harshly and his good deeds have been forgotten following his inexperience fighting Zod. Superman is all about saving humanity here although he can let a certain lady get in the way of his duties at certain times. 1918....the date that gave me goosebumps. When you see the movie you will know what it is I refer too. Seeing a certain Amazon for the first time was pure joy. I just wish she had more screen time although it was good to see her struggle with her belief to remain outside man's world and ultimately return to the hero she is. There are lots of little comic book nuggets that comic book readers will enjoy however much of this will be lost on the general audience. While some may wish this was more BvS it's ultimately Dawn of Justice and for me that's what I enjoyed the most. BVS is a good movie and may be one of those movies that you begin to love more and more as you expose yourself to multiple viewings. A solid 7/10 which may increase over time.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:49 AM   #10
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Where to start with this movie? I don't usually get involved in movie discussion, but you have no idea how high my hopes were for this movie. I mean, without even going all 'fanboy', I am the kind of guy who just appreciates these 2 iconic figures are sharing screentime, and yet.. so much is wrong.

Please don't read if you haven't seen the movie..........................

Doomsday is Lex's 'son'?

Lex conveniently has the studios logos for each of the other justice league members? I mean.. fair enough he's been tracking them, but the official logos??

btw.. Aren't they making a cyborg movie? Wasn't that a crazy way to show what should be a huge aspect of that future movie?

Oh, and we get it, Jason Mamoa is playing Aquaman.. don't have him stand there dazed for 5 minutes before attacking the camera man spontaneously..

Lex knows Superman is Clark Kent already?

Batman is the one to call the shots about the future JL and say 'we need to stick together'?? I thought he was the difficult one to keep convinced on the team

by the way, wasn't he about to kill Superman, and out of nowhere just stops - never mind Supes trying to reason with him several times before that moment - all of a sudden he is reasoned, and moments later telling Superman's mom 'I am a son of your friends'.. I do like the line, but it needs to be DEVELOPED..

Yes, speaking of what you guys mentioned above, what the hell was that??? Some kind of future flashback who's sole purpose was to mention Lois Lane, and yet Batman does not mention this at all or follow this up at all, or barely have an interaction with Lois, and at that point even know who Lois is??

Speaking of which.. this movie does not flow, at all.. nothing is developed..

the list goes on.. it's hard for me to choose and know where to end.. I'll let others chime in

I am a son of your friends?

Seriously though, I agree. Literally, moments before he is going to kill Superman, and then he does a 180 and he's now Superman's friend. Very unrealistic flip flop there. But, if we're talking unrealistic, how does Superman see every time Lois is in danger, but he couldn't find his Mom when she was being held by the mercenaries? He should have been able to find her in mere moments.

Overall, I enjoyed this movie. Very disjointed at times though, and I agree that the editing was choppy. Good thing they didn't release it on it's original release date of May of 2016. If the editing looked this uneven after an additional ten months of editing, it would have been unwatchable last year. Lex was such a distraction during this movie. He seemed more like the Riddler, or some other villain. Just not Lex Luthor. Gal Gadot's acting was just fine. I enjoyed her Wonder Woman, although I still feel like there were many better options to portray Diana, I still enjoyed her time on screen and thought she added greatly to the overall enjoyment of this film.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote