Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-30-2016, 12:58 AM   #491
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Absolutely. These are household names. Simonson's Thor and Michelinie/Layton's Iron Man are some of my favorite runs of all time. Those were very successful back in the day, and they are still beloved by legions of fans.
Totally agree about Michelinie/Romita JR/Layton Iron Man, too. A very popular and strong seller in the 70s.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #492
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Totally agree about Michelinie/Romita JR/Layton Iron Man, too. A very popular and strong seller in the 70s.
How could I forget JRJR? Although young then, he was a big part of it too. I actually like his early work more than his later one. Of course, he was following on the footsteps of his dad and that was reflected in the art style. In my opinion, his now very distinctive style (hated by some) is not bad at all. It is just a little more cartoony.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #493
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
How could I forget JRJR? Although young then, he was a big part of it too. I actually like his early work more than his later one. Of course, he was following on the footsteps of his dad and that was reflected in the art style. In my opinion, his now very distinctive style (hated by some) is not bad at all. It is just a little more cartoony.
Yes, his work decades ago on Iron Man was his first big Marvel gig. His work around the same time on Spider-Man with Roger Stern also was off the charts and made this title an enormous hit.

Last edited by wktf; 05-30-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #494
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Gibbons opinion on BVS:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-was-a-misstep
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:09 AM   #495
SuperJ300
Zot

Like the first Wolverine film, DC needs to forget that this film was ever done and do the next one like it never happened.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #496
Parallax
Nightwing

Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition should be the only version of this film that exists. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but I can safely say I loved the Ultimate Edition.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:05 AM   #497
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just finished watching Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition at my friends house.

Let me first say that if you hated Man of Steel and BvS, then the extra 30 minutes is probably not going to change your mind. But for those who did enjoy it or were on the fence about it, The extra 30 minutes does solve a lot of editing issues, the story now flows a lot smoother and is less confusing then when I saw it in the Theaters. I originally gave it a 6/10 but after seeing the ultimate edition I would have to revise my score to a 8/10. It's to bad DC didn't release this 3 hr version in the theaters.

I'm not sure why this Ultimate version was given a R rating there is nothing in it that would require such a rating, IMO it's still a PG-13 rated movie.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #498
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

It's not released until mid-July on Amazon. How did you guys get copies so fast?
Old 06-29-2016, 12:56 AM   #499
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition should be the only version of this film that exists. I enjoyed the theatrical cut, but I can safely say I loved the Ultimate Edition.
I never went back for a second go, but I will be checking this out. I really hope I enjoy it more than I did the first time around. I know extended cuts don't necessarily solve problems within the film, but they might lessen them.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:08 AM   #500
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It's not released until mid-July on Amazon. How did you guys get copies so fast?
It's out on digital release.

The Ultimate Cut is not the same movie. The first 1/3 are completely different. Scenes are not only re-ordered to flow better, but some are completely different in general. Like, one thing happens in the theatrical but a very different thing happens in the director's cut. It's a much better film and it's a shame that this couldn't be released.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote