Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-22-2024, 06:51 PM   #461
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Just got my Hulk in. No need for another Hulk for me. Sharing a couple cellphone pictures.
Attachment 169321

Attachment 169322

Attachment 169323

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...that's not the PF. ....huh, why is he turning into Colossus?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:37 PM   #462
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa ...that's not the PF. ....huh, why is he turning into Colossus?
When I first saw that piece a few weeks back, I wondered if Hulk was infected with the same techno-organic virus that Cable has...but it's probably just meant to be some kind of cyborg Hulk.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:44 PM   #463
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It's Cosmic Hulk
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:58 PM   #464
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
It's Cosmic Hulk
Ah, thanks

This robot construct of the Hulk was created as a misguided experiment by two students at the Maryland Institute of Technology and inadvertently brought to "life" by exposure to cosmic energy from the Eternals' Uni-Mind.

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:38 AM   #465
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
It's Cosmic Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Ah, thanks

This robot construct of the Hulk was created as a misguided experiment by two students at the Maryland Institute of Technology and inadvertently brought to "life" by exposure to cosmic energy from the Eternals' Uni-Mind.

Aaaahh ...ok. Now I get it.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:26 PM   #466
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Ah, thanks

Ah yes, that old chestnut.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:41 AM   #467
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

This is my first post on this forum, I am just getting into this statue thing. I started collecting some X plus vinyl figures last year related to Godzilla and Kong. And I stumbled on the Sideshow Frankenstein in February and immediately ordered it - Frankenstein has long been a favorite.

This Frankenstein caused me to keep the Sideshow site on my radar, and as a lifelong Hulk mega fan, I was pleased to see these Hulk statues teased on there shortly after. To me, this statue(specifically the classic version) perfectly captures the essence of the character. I have done a deep dive on many of the previous statues, and none seem to capture it so perfectly for me. I pre ordered the classic as soon as I got the e-mail notification from Sideshow. It is going to be a very long wait.

On a side note, I can see how this is an addicting hobby. I ordered the Sideshow Silver Surfer Maquette shortly after my pre order of the Hulk. I should receive it in a few weeks. Looking forward to more.
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:51 AM   #468
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
This is my first post on this forum, I am just getting into this statue thing. I started collecting some X plus vinyl figures last year related to Godzilla and Kong. And I stumbled on the Sideshow Frankenstein in February and immediately ordered it - Frankenstein has long been a favorite.

This Frankenstein caused me to keep the Sideshow site on my radar, and as a lifelong Hulk mega fan, I was pleased to see these Hulk statues teased on there shortly after. To me, this statue(specifically the classic version) perfectly captures the essence of the character. I have done a deep dive on many of the previous statues, and none seem to capture it so perfectly for me. I pre ordered the classic as soon as I got the e-mail notification from Sideshow. It is going to be a very long wait.

On a side note, I can see how this is an addicting hobby. I ordered the Sideshow Silver Surfer Maquette shortly after my pre order of the Hulk. I should receive it in a few weeks. Looking forward to more.
Welcome to the forum and to statue collecting!
Some advice from an old head...no need to rush. Items are have a TBD (to be decided) edition size can usually still be purchased after collectors start receiving the actual item (just like your Silver Surfer maquette). The secondary statue market is not so good for sellers at the moment so impulse buying can lead to burnout really quickly.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 10:04 AM   #469
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. The Surfer was a touch impulsive - having the other two on pre order and the Frankenstein being 6 months or so away and the Hulk even longer - I am anxious to get something in hand. The Surfer is a character I have always loved though, and this statue is reminiscent of some Gary Frank artwork I have always admired. It seems to be a somewhat divisive piece but I think it is fantastic. I also think it may scale well with this new Hulk.

Does this site have a buy and sell forum?
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:35 AM   #470
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. The Surfer was a touch impulsive - having the other two on pre order and the Frankenstein being 6 months or so away and the Hulk even longer - I am anxious to get something in hand. The Surfer is a character I have always loved though, and this statue is reminiscent of some Gary Frank artwork I have always admired. It seems to be a somewhat divisive piece but I think it is fantastic. I also think it may scale well with this new Hulk.

Does this site have a buy and sell forum?
Yes. You need to be a site donator to sell though. You?ll get more traffic on the Facebook buy/sell groups though. And I’d avoid selling on eBay unless you have a sought after piece. eBay fees are 15-20%
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote