Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 02-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Question for UK/European Statue Buyers....

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to links for sites and stores online that offer up Marvel statues, in particular the Diamond Select statues that despatch from the UK or Europe?

Ive bought several large pieces (Pablo's Hulk Reading, Art Asylum's Hulk and the majority of the Ultimate X-Men to name a few) from the US but the cost of shipping is often so hard to bear, seeing as I could easily put that extra cash into more statues!

But Im having difficulty finding decent UK stores, not because they are overpriced, thats not an issue really, its that they have poor range in stock.

Im currently looking for the
Marvel Milestones Daredevil (on a cross) statue,
Full Astonishing X-Men range (although Statue Forum has made me have issues with Emma Frost's inconsistent scale )
Marvel Milestones Captain America

Also, is there a list of the UK sellers on this site? Some of the statues Ive seen here are better than whats out there at the moment, and Id like to buy some painted ones from a few people already!

There are many more that I am looking for, but due to the shipping costs, I keep having to narrow down the amount of busts I can get each year.

Can anyone help me?!?
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Here is two that comes to mind. Good to deal with but alittle expensive. Your best bet is ebay or comicstatues.com just ask the seller to value it at around $90 and you avoid duty (this is obviously taking a chance but so far so good for me).

http://www.forbiddenplanetstore.com/
http://www.infinitybeyond.co.uk/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Heres one in Spain
http://www.elmstreet-online.com/
Old 02-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
Colossal

Thanks Bullseye, yeah, I already have my eyes on the two UK stores. Infinity are offering the Daredevil Statue at £140 but havent got back to me with shipping costs yet.

Its a shame, I had the Daredevil from ebay, shipped from the US. In total it was £80! But it came damaged so I had to return it, still waiting for it to get back to the seller so he can refund me. It cost £40 just to ship it back, which he isnt going to pay me so Ive already lost out. But for the brief time that I had it, man it was sweet, the size and the atmosphere around it made me realise I have to have this in my collection.

Its strange, even ebay UK isnt advertising any of the Astonishing busts, which is strange, I mean they've just come out, you would have thought UK stores/sellers would have started putting them up by now.

Thanks again Bullseye!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal
Thanks Bullseye, yeah, I already have my eyes on the two UK stores. Infinity are offering the Daredevil Statue at £140 but havent got back to me with shipping costs yet.

Its a shame, I had the Daredevil from ebay, shipped from the US. In total it was £80! But it came damaged so I had to return it, still waiting for it to get back to the seller so he can refund me. It cost £40 just to ship it back, which he isnt going to pay me so Ive already lost out. But for the brief time that I had it, man it was sweet, the size and the atmosphere around it made me realise I have to have this in my collection.

Its strange, even ebay UK isnt advertising any of the Astonishing busts, which is strange, I mean they've just come out, you would have thought UK stores/sellers would have started putting them up by now.

Thanks again Bullseye!
Colossal you have a PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I find it cheaper to buy my items in the states from ebay, them ship them over here.

Maybe next time you could ask the seller to open the item up to check that it's in OK condition
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
Colossal

Thanks j_d, thats what Bullseye says, cheaper to buy there and ship over to here. Seeing as how I cant find the Kraven's Last Hunt Spidey or the Astonishing Colossus and Wolverine busts in the UK, Ill hopefully find them on ebay one day!

The auction literally stated that it was in mint condition, but when it came damaged and I asked about it, the seller said it was in mint condition. But he also said he had only checked the statue once and that was when he received it from Diamond Select!

Still waiting on the refund from it - Ive already lost out on the shipping to send it back, but Id rather give it back and get a perfect statue for a little bit more than repair it as it will nag at me :-)
Old 02-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
joy_division

here's Daredevil for £110
Old 02-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #9
Colossal

Ohhhhh, you got me excited just then j_d!

Sadly the one Im looking for is the OTHER Marvel Milestones Daredevil Statue, by Eli Livingston I think. Its with DD perched on top of a cross and spire (based on artwork from #3 if memory serves).

If I could find it in the UK for £110 Id be whipping out the credit card as we speak ;-)

Thanks for looking though.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #10
joy_division

I wonder which DD statue you were after. Sorry to get your hopes up!