Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 10-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #181
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
Al on the other site is basically saying Randy has the contract but is just taking personal time off. Take it for what it's worth...
Hyperbole
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #182
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Al on the other site is basically saying Randy has the contract but is just taking personal time off. Take it for what it's worth...
so Randy got Marvel license already??

or just speculation??
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #183
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
So...he has the contract, but chose not to produce anything until next year? That's after about half a year or more vacation too. Yeah...that makes perfect financial sense.

That just sounds like somebody desperate to keep their fans calm and still hoping.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #184
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't think Randy has stopped working for years, he's had the marvel contract since 98 and i don't think hes taken a break.

I know he was having wrist problems so maybe he though it was a good time to take a year out, relax, spend some time with his family and his bike no doubt lol and in the mean time get sculpts ready for next year.

Sculpting is his life and he just built a huge new place to sculpt last year so he'll be back better than ever no doubt.

Just relax and enjoy all the 100's of Bowen statues already out there.

He's said he has sculpts ready and he's said he'll be back.

I can't wait lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #185
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
So...he has the contract, but chose not to produce anything until next year? That's after about half a year or more vacation too. Yeah...that makes perfect financial sense.

That just sounds like somebody desperate to keep their fans calm and still hoping.
The Bowens stocked a large number of statues through Rocky's Vault (which they likely "purchased" at cost), and they've been unloading those at a fairly steady pace. That sounds to me like somebody who planned ahead.

If we don't hear anything about a new contract post New Year's, I'll start to believe it. Otherwise, I'm not concerned.

Edit: And I am largely done with my Bowen scale necessities anyway... I need Kang, Zemo, and a Rhino. The rest are fluff to me, really. There are tons I'd love to have (Hyperion, et al), but those three are the "must haves." (The original Rhino sucks, IMO).
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #186
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
The Bowens stocked a large number of statues through Rocky's Vault (which they likely "purchased" at cost), and they've been unloading those at a fairly steady pace. That sounds to me like somebody who planned ahead.

If we don't hear anything about a new contract post New Year's, I'll start to believe it. Otherwise, I'm not concerned.

Edit: And I am largely done with my Bowen scale necessities anyway... I need Kang, Zemo, and a Rhino. The rest are fluff to me, really. There are tons I'd love to have (Hyperion, et al), but those three are the "must haves." (The original Rhino sucks, IMO).
I'm not doubting Randy Bowen. I just don't like the people on the other forum sugarcoating things. Why can't they just tell the people the truth? As far as I can tell, there's still no news about the contract negotiations. No official word from Randy Bowen. So why are people (not naming names) saying that Randy already has the contract but decided to take some time off?
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #187
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
I'm not doubting Randy Bowen. I just don't like the people on the other forum sugarcoating things. Why can't they just tell the people the truth? As far as I can tell, there's still no news about the contract negotiations. No official word from Randy Bowen. So why are people (not naming names) saying that Randy already has the contract but decided to take some time off?
Amen to that! I hardy spend any time nowadays at statue marvels. Everybody there seems to live on denial.

I feel bad for them though. I love Bowen Designs.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #188
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
No disagreement there. They were originally speculating that Bowen couldn't or wouldn't talk about the status of the contract. Then Randy goes to a con, and a bunch of people come back saying he's discussed the status there. Either they're lying, or Bowen could talk to us but just hasn't.

No matter what else happens, the lack of communication to his customers has been a huge black mark against Bowen Designs.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #189
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I just want my werewolf by night already
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #190
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Amen to that! I hardy spend any time nowadays at statue marvels. Everybody there seems to live on denial.

I feel bad for them though. I love Bowen Designs.
I also prefer Bowen's comic style and 1/6 scale. Wish there was some news about the contract or whatever he is doing going forward. At least they haven't laid off Heather. I cant imagine her being too busy with just dealing with Rocky's Vault. Not sure if Virginia is still there as Heather has been the one returning my emails.