Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #21
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah I was surprised at the price of Batman. Too good to pass. It's funny, I find this sculpt better than the Sideshow PF...There is an early video review on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17D9bEBtio
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #22
AugustAPC
Kindly Asked To Leave

People actually like this thing? Seriously?
This is easily the worst in the ArtFX+ line, by far. Really ----in' far.

The damn thing is 90% cape. What an obnoxious pose for a figure. It literally has no body above its knees and below its neck.

People will buy poop if it's limited edition. I usually count myself among them... but this is some really stank ass poop. ---- this thing.
AugustAPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustAPC View Post

The damn thing is 90% cape. What an obnoxious pose for a figure. It literally has no body above its knees and below its neck.

People will buy poop if it's limited edition. I usually count myself among them... but this is some really stank ass poop. ---- this thing.
Great first post

While you see it as "stank ass poop that is 90% cape" I see it as capturing the mood and feel of the original Bill Finger and Bob Kane Batman perfectly.

It has more artistic merit that any of the JLA line IMHO which are great but ultimately just 3D versions of the Lee concept/commercial art to showcase the New 52 looks.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Feel free to make this your first and last post here. Seriously! Comments like your's add absolutely nothing to this forum.

Not liking a piece is one thing, but insulting someone's work and those that find interest in it won't be tolerated. You're lucky I'm in a good mood tonight or I'd just ban your "stank ass."
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:39 AM   #25
AugustAPC
Kindly Asked To Leave

D'aww, did I hurt your feelings?

Feel free to ban me if you're that sore over sarcastic hyperbole.

Still, the statue flat out sucks. You can capture the "mood" of OG Bats without turning your statue into a black brick with feet and a head.
And no, draping a cape over a character doesn't give it more artistic merit than a character just standing upright.

If that pose is absolutely necessary, at the very least you should have cape removable or replaceable to reveal an actual figure underneath. Frankly, as a tribute to Bob Kane's design, I find it insulting. Only like 30% of the costume is actually even sculpted. And as a customer, I find the whole piece to be incredibly lazy and not up the normally consistently high standards set by Kotobukiya.

Also, if you would, explain to me where you find I've insulted the people who like this. You might also want to reconsider your approach to moderation, if it is indeed dependent upon your mood.
AugustAPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #26
travis
A.I.M.

That's Cuckooooo! Its Price is a bargain. You have other reasons/motives here. Those are totally BS ones you gave. What's the real reason for your hate? There is something else. No question about it. I see it as a very different take but still honors the past Batman. You must hate a lot of other Batman statues if you hate this one too. So basically your excuse is that you want to see more of Batmans body? This piece is very 1930ish and beautiful.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #27
Luminous
Cyclops

Congratulations, AugustAPC! Your second post was equally as insulting as your first. You did it!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #28
travis
A.I.M.

The fact that Bill Finger is even mentioned is very commendable for Koto too
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #29
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

All you have to do is search for Bob Kane Batman and you'll see the image Kotobukiya is basically using for this statue. I can't wait to get it myself. I already have a temporary display ready.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #30
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
D'aww, did I hurt your feelings?

Feel free to ban me if you're that sore over sarcastic hyperbole.

Still, the statue flat out sucks. You can capture the "mood" of OG Bats without turning your statue into a black brick with feet and a head.
And no, draping a cape over a character doesn't give it more artistic merit than a character just standing upright.

If that pose is absolutely necessary, at the very least you should have cape removable or replaceable to reveal an actual figure underneath. Frankly, as a tribute to Bob Kane's design, I find it insulting. Only like 30% of the costume is actually even sculpted. And as a customer, I find the whole piece to be incredibly lazy and not up the normally consistently high standards set by Kotobukiya.

Also, if you would, explain to me where you find I've insulted the people who like this. You might also want to reconsider your approach to moderation, if it is indeed dependent upon your mood.
And I find your posts as insulting to Koto and Hellboy as Bob Kane was to Bill Finger. Go find somewhere else to spew your tripe. Banned.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 06-30-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote