Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #4271
WhistlingTime
Birdman

A couple of questions about the ArtFX Premier line:

1. Are these also sold as a 'pre-painted model kits' or are they a single piece?

2. Is the 'limited quantity' pre-determined or is it based on pre-orders/solicitation?

3. And will that quantity be disclosed prior to product availability?

Cheers.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:14 AM   #4272
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post

1. Are these also sold as a 'pre-painted model kits' or are they a single piece?

2. Is the 'limited quantity' pre-determined or is it based on pre-orders/solicitation?

Cheers.
Good questions. Seconded. From the looks though, I'd wager they aren't a single piece.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #4273
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Is there any chance we’ll ever get a Jim Lee version Jean Grey DRS statue or was that line specifically tied to Eric Sosa? I really think if you guys did a ‘92 X-men fine art line that that would sell like pancakes. Am sure there are quite a few 1/6 scale aficionados.

Are there plans for a movie ARTFX statue of Captain Marvel just like you did with Gal Gadot as WW?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #4274
mickey
The Avengers

Is it normal for bishoujos to have discolorations? My Jaina, Powergirl, Cammy and Elektra developed some discolorations... Can it still be removed?
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #4275
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
We generally try to have a lot of updates to reveal at events, and the next big one for us should be SDCC! Depending on how the product planning and production process is going, sometimes we have more announcements than others.

Gyoza and myself also run the social media accounts, so when there is something that I feel people will be excited about and no event in the near future, I'm trying to convince the product planners to let us reveal them online as well.

I saw a question about Star Wars, but then when I was looking back to quote everything I couldn't find it. No exact details I can share right now, but there are definitely new things on the way!

Thank you for the suggestion! We will take it into consideration.

Thank you so much! We are all very pleased about the positive reactions we've been getting, both for Mary and G.I. Joe.

Thank you for the suggestions, Mera is one we get a lot, so she is definitely up for consideration. Hopefully we can continue to expand the G.I. Joe line with more characters as well!

Customer demand and the pricing in the market are both things we consider when determining which products to do reproductions of. I will pass along your suggestion.

We will defintely include some questions about BISHOUJO when we do the survey. I will have to talk to the other product planners but hopefully we can get something together soon!
Can we expect more X-Men 92' and Danger Room line?
Remy LeBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #4276
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Quote:

Yes, we plan to continue the Fine Art Statue line! We are currently in the process of reassessing the direction of the series since we have parted ways with Erick Sosa, but the line is definitely not over! It should be safe to expect updates at some point this year.
I'm glad Fine Art Statue line will be continued. There was a huge demand for 1/6 Marvel line. Hoping to see more X-men and Avengers characters
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:28 AM   #4277
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post

Cheers.
1. Yes, they will be snap-fit kits like the ARTFX and ARTFX+ statues.

2/3. The quantity is pre-determined and limited to 3500 pieces for the first three characters. Quantity may change for different characters as the line progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Is it normal for bishoujos to have discolorations? My Jaina, Powergirl, Cammy and Elektra developed some discolorations... Can it still be removed?
I'm sorry to hear this. Other than some of the metallic paint on older pieces, we do not typically get a lot of claims about discoloration on our BISHOUJO statues.

Whether or not and how it can be fixed will depend on the extent of the discoloration and what caused it.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help! I can try to seek out more advice if you can send pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Is there any chance we’ll ever get a Jim Lee version Jean Grey DRS statue or was that line specifically tied to Eric Sosa? I really think if you guys did a ‘92 X-men fine art line that that would sell like pancakes. Am sure there are quite a few 1/6 scale aficionados.

Are there plans for a movie ARTFX statue of Captain Marvel just like you did with Gal Gadot as WW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy LeBeau View Post
Can we expect more X-Men 92' and Danger Room line?

Thank you for the suggestions!

To be honest I can't reveal anything that has not already been revealed on our official social media or homepage already, so I can't give a very specific answer to questions like these.

On the other hand, there are only a few cases where I can say for sure we will not make something. There is always a chance, especially as we see more demand and requests from fans.

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #4278
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
1. Yes, they will be snap-fit kits like the ARTFX and ARTFX+ statues.

2/3. The quantity is pre-determined and limited to 3500 pieces for the first three characters. Quantity may change for different characters as the line progresses.

I'm sorry to hear this. Other than some of the metallic paint on older pieces, we do not typically get a lot of claims about discoloration on our BISHOUJO statues.

Whether or not and how it can be fixed will depend on the extent of the discoloration and what caused it.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help! I can try to seek out more advice if you can send pictures.

Thank you for the suggestions!

To be honest I can't reveal anything that has not already been revealed on our official social media or homepage already, so I can't give a very specific answer to questions like these.

On the other hand, there are only a few cases where I can say for sure we will not make something. There is always a chance, especially as we see more demand and requests from fans.

Definitely disappointed with the answer regarding X-Men '92 line. Here is a response from around Halloween. It is the second most talked about line on here and we get nothing but a vague answer. There is definitely demand and if they are truly listening to their customers, there would be something in the works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
So great to hear Koto is listening to what fans have to say. I'm a huge X-men fan, and have bought all the upcoming X-men 92 ArtFX line (which is amazing so far). Have to echo what others are saying that we would really love a Jean Grey in the style of the animated series, which to my knowledge has never been made (with ponytail design). Part of what makes this great, is growing up in the 90s many characters were neglected from toy lines, Jubilee and Jean Grey being a few. It feels nice 25 years later to have that remedied. Opting for the phoenix version felt like a toybiz cop-out, as that was the only Jean they were ever forced to make. Would love to see more characters down the road, like villains from the series, Magneto, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Mystique etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Just want to throw in my support for the X-Men 92 line. This was such a dream come true for those of us who loved the animated series. It was great to hear that the line would have legs. When deciding where to spend ones money, you want to hear stuff like that. No one wants to get involved in the one and done scenario. To hear that nothing new was in the works was extremely disappointing. One can only speculate that sales weren't what was expected. That might be due to price, or perhaps as many have argued, the statues lack detail. In regards to the first point, people always find it hard to let go of their hard earned money. Maybe they are a tad high. In regards to the second point, people obviously don't understand this line. They are perfect cartoon representations, exactly what they are billed as. Nothing else like these exist. This line must continue. We need Jean. We need villains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Thanks for answering all of our questions, Koto! Like many others, I'm anxious to see the X-men 92 line continue beyond Rogue and Gambit. Would love to see several villains and fan favorite X-men like Colossus, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Archangel and Iceman. Every character you make I WILL BUY!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I would also love to see Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth and Apocalypses.

Thanks for all of your support for the X-Men '92 line! I know that my boss who only really goes to America for events was veeery surprised with the popularity of X-Men overseas (especially at New York Comic Con this past month)! In Japan, it isn't nearly as popular, so the number we sold was exponentially lower than those we sold overseas. So, don't be surprised if we keep adding more to our X-Men line in the future!

===

Alright! That's it for today! Thanks for being so patient with us!
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:50 AM   #4279
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Yes I completely agree.

I think the fans want to buy the X-Men lines the most.

The issue a lot of fans have is they will wait to see how many pieces you are going to make before they will buy all of them.

I personally have bought all of the X-Men 92' so far and I will continue to buy them.. same goes for Danger Room lines.

You have to take into consideration a lot of fans wont buy the entire line until they see their favorite character made.. then they buy all of them.

Continue with the X-Men 92' and Danger Room lines!
Old 03-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #4280
Remy LeBeau
Fantastic Four

Also: the fear on the fans part is you wont complete the lineup with the characters they want.. so they will buy the first so many statues and then never have the complete collection they want.

The more you can bring to fruition the stronger your lines are.

At the very least I cant imagine you not making a Magneto for the X-Men 92 IMHO.