Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #971
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
The problem is the XM Wolverine is $1,000 and the Sideshow Wolverine is $570. And I can't imagine many people think the XM version is ~$500 better than the Sideshow.
I do...but that shouldn't come as a surprise.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #972
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Great point, i forgot about that. SS costume design is better too, also funny that XM copied the texturing on the brown which i didn't see anyone doing before SS. ��
Isn't it the pose on XM brown wolverine and the New SS wolverine pretty similar also?
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #973
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I do...but that shouldn't come as a surprise.
Yeah, you think everything XM does it better than SS, so you don't count lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Isn't it the pose on XM brown wolverine and the New SS wolverine pretty similar also?
Yeah, good observation, xm probably copied that too.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:09 PM   #974
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Yeah, you think everything XM does it better than SS, so you don't count lol.
Yeah, good observation, xm probably copied that too.
I wouldn't say everything...but most things...with some exceptions.

I think SS has done a better Captain Marvel / Ms. Marvel (by far), Elektra (by far), Black Cat from SS and from XM are about equal.

IN terms of blue and yellow Wolvies, I think XM and SS are about equal as they both have better things about them. For instance, SS has better looking hair on arms and probably better portrait. XM has a better overall concept as SS Wolverine is JUST...PLAIN...BORING...meaning WYSIWYG whereas the XM Wolvie gives lots of display options and cool light up feature as well (should anyone decide to use it).

Build quality XM blows just about anything SS does out of the water with some high quality exceptions. Yeah...I'm just not plunkering down $600 bucks (shipping and taxes) for a light in the ass, small plain, pansy blue and yellow colored Wolverine. It...AINT....HAPPENING!!!! PERIOD!!!

I am ecstatic for all the pansy blue and yellow Wolvie fans that got a solid looking SS Wolvie. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. And...ummmm...

WHAT's THE ES ON IT?
Old 09-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #975
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Do we know if this still comes with the Katanas and bone claws? I thought there was originally 3 portraits or is it definitely 2?

It's hard to make a call on this when I'm unsure what exactly I'm getting.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 PM   #976
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

I think SS has done a better Captain Marvel / Ms. Marvel (by far), Elektra (by far), Black Cat from SS and from XM are about equal.

IN terms of blue and yellow Wolvies, I think XM and SS are about equal as they both have better things about them. For instance, SS has better looking hair on arms and probably better portrait. XM has a better overall concept as SS Wolverine is JUST...PLAIN...BORING...meaning WYSIWYG whereas the XM Wolvie gives lots of display options and cool light up feature as well (should anyone decide to use it).

Build quality XM blows just about anything SS does out of the water with some high quality exceptions. Yeah...I'm just not plunkering down $600 bucks (shipping and taxes) for a light in the ass, small plain, pansy blue and yellow colored Wolverine. It...AINT....HAPPENING!!!! PERIOD!!!

I am ecstatic for all the pansy blue and yellow Wolvie fans that got a solid looking SS Wolvie. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. And...ummmm...

WHAT's THE ES ON IT?

I believe tha the topic should be what we were expecting and what we got. Discuss which on is better is very subjective. For me, the great problem is that i have put a lot of hope on this piece, expectation and honestly, there is nothing that Xm can do to bring this hype back on me. The piece just really look lazy for me. One would also mention that yes, if you pay 1300 dollars in one piece and 700 in the other, the first one should be no doubts better and that is not the case here. Unfortunately i will continue without my favorite representation of wolverine, because both of them do not please me.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #977
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

WHAT's THE ES ON IT?
No way, SS yellow and blue smokes XM in every way, pose, design, base, sculpt, portraits etc also personally hate light features on statues. Not sure how SS has wrong you but you have so much hatred for them you can no longer see the truth. There is no way you can look at these two and honestly believe that xm is better lol.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #978
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Do we know if this still comes with the Katanas and bone claws? I thought there was originally 3 portraits or is it definitely 2?

Supposedly. But there were some things that weren't quite finished like Deathstroke's unmasked head and I tend to believe the alt katanas or bone claw arms are going to come with it. The only thing I can think that may prevent that is Marvel preventing XM from bringing those parts out with the statue.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:30 PM   #979
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
No way, SS yellow and blue smokes XM in every way, pose, design, base, sculpt, portraits etc also personally hate light features on statues. Not sure how SS has wrong you but you have so much hatred for them you can no longer see the truth. There is no way you can look at these two and honestly believe that xm is better lol.

Crimsin...I am going to say this for the last time...I DO NOT HATE SS! I appreciate ALL COMPANIES! There is great talent making statues at every company...from Prime 1 to XM to SS to PCS and IS and any other company you want to bring up.

What you like and prefer is not going to be the same as what I like. We agree on some things...but we disagree on others. That's fine and that is how it probably should be.

SS has never WRONGED me. I still have a few SS things coming later this year (CoTD prestige figures), but I grew bored with SS same old run of the mill boring poses and I wanted something more exciting and dynamic that pushed the industry forward to new heights. SS had the occassional dynamic statue (Hulk Comiquette, Silver Surfer, etc.) that pushed statue making....but somewhere along the way they got lazy...QC went to hell in a handbasket and prices in relation to what the light eggshell statue just wasn't worth it FOR ME!!!!

I give credit to SS when credit is due..and I have seen a big change in their recent AD towards more dynamic and cool statues (Thor, Thanos, Rogue, X-23, Superman, WW, etc.). But now...their prices is damn near the same as XM and Prime 1 pieces of similar size...BUT...why as a collector do I want to pay the same price for an ES 4 - 10X as many as XM? Their is no value there for me and everyone can get one. I want rarity, dynamic statues, extravagant bases that work in conjuction with the statue, creativity, and QC i can rely on. Check all those for me when talking about XM.

Also...where did I say the XM was better than the SS blue and yellow Wolvie? I said they were about equal in my book. I think that is what I said...right?????
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM   #980
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post

Yep, I really wish they would confirm this one way or the other.

Unfortunately I’m skeptical because at that last show the arms that had bone claws in the original renders were admantium.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote