Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-29-2017, 01:11 AM   #2231
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
In reality CC will just whine, and play high end collectible border patrol. CC would never attempt anything as ambitious as Iron Studios’ Rex piece. The size, the attention to detail, the Explorer, they would never have the stomach for taking a risk like that. It’s sad commentary that the birthplace of Jurassic Park has to settle for second rate collectibles, while the rest of the world is about to get a masterpiece, and all we can do is watch.
There are ways to buy overseas and get it shipped here. Network with folks in collector groups on FB. They can help you out.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:57 AM   #2232
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
In reality CC will just whine, and play high end collectible border patrol. CC would never attempt anything as ambitious as Iron Studios’ Rex piece. The size, the attention to detail, the Explorer, they would never have the stomach for taking a risk like that. It’s sad commentary that the birthplace of Jurassic Park has to settle for second rate collectibles, while the rest of the world is about to get a masterpiece, and all we can do is watch.
Yea, the 1:5 rex and 1:1 raptor bust are not ambitious at all. These moronic trolls really need to get a life.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:07 AM   #2233
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

I just hope CC doesnt back up. So far the pieces we have seen are looking superb.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:08 AM   #2234
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
CC would never attempt anything as ambitious as Iron Studios’ Rex piece.
https://www.chroniclecollectibles.co...5-scale-t-rex/

You were saying?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #2235
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think so far chronicle is doing well with all their JP pieces by recasting SWS kits. But in terms of digital sculpting and 3d printing stuffs, they are far behind what IRON studios is capable to do.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #2236
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
I think so far chronicle is doing well with all their JP pieces by recasting SWS kits. But in terms of digital sculpting and 3d printing stuffs, they are far behind what IRON studios is capable to do.
Lets not be too hasty here, we haven't even seen IS Jurassic stuff yet. I'm sure it will be good judging by the teaser pics, but remember the products we receive are rarely as good as the proto's.
Lets also not forget the great work Chronicle have done, they've given us some of the best Jurassic pieces to date. I for one love my break out Rex and my Stego is simply stunning. I applaude Chronicle for being such pioneers in this field and I hope they keep their hand in the Jurassic franchise. I believe other companies will produce stuff as well on Chronicle & IS in the future, the Jurassic market has loads of scope... I just hope we don't get saturated with break out Rex's made in all shapes, sizes and colour schemes.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 AM   #2237
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Lets not be too hasty here, we haven't even seen IS Jurassic stuff yet. I'm sure it will be good judging by the teaser pics, but remember the products we receive are rarely as good as the proto's.
Lets also not forget the great work Chronicle have done, they've given us some of the best Jurassic pieces to date. I for one love my break out Rex and my Stego is simply stunning. I applaude Chronicle for being such pioneers in this field and I hope they keep their hand in the Jurassic franchise. I believe other companies will produce stuff as well on Chronicle & IS in the future, the Jurassic market has loads of scope... I just hope we don't get saturated with break out Rex's made in all shapes, sizes and colour schemes.
This will happen what company would not want to do that Iconic scene and in the end people will be bored of buying the same product over and over again.
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #2238
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
I agree, the 1:1 Raptor and 1:5 scale Rex were recasts of SWS pieces, I wouldn't say that is being incredibly "ambitious"
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #2239
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
True, but we've seen their Marvel line (the 1:10 and 1/4 scale ones) and their 1/4 Vader. If you don't include the Mark 42 and 1/4 Spidey, the rest have been home runs. One thing about Iron Studios is they seem to strive to be more innovative and correct their mistakes. I thought it was over for them with the release of the Mark 42, which had a crappy paint job and was more close to 1/5 scale.

Then something changed and this guy showed up....

I'm not going to get into the BO Rex stuff. That's been covered already and yes CC has mostly recasted/scanned SWS sculpts for the JP line.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #2240
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, the 1:5 rex and 1:1 raptor bust are not ambitious at all. These moronic trolls really need to get a life.
Those are STAN WINSTON STUDIOS designs not CC's. STAN WINSTON S. NEVER FAILS, CC only duplicate these SWS pieces. The only created piece from scratch we got from CC was their BO T-Rex and that has failed IMO.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote