Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #121
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah I'm serious. Look at NECA making a fool out of P1 with the 1/4 TMNT. Sometimes Japanese producers have a very different idea of what is good art direction. Sometimes it's bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fighterslegendaryryu7.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	104526  
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #122
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
How can you compare anything from Prime 1 to that? Are you being serious?

General comment, please can we leave the company vs company thing out of here? It never ends well be it NECA, XM, PCS, and whatever else.

Everyone can live in harmony. If you prefer something else that's on you, but I don't think anyone is making a fool of anyone here.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #123
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
If their Chun Li is a pinhead (9-10 heads tall) with an ugly face, and long chicken legs, easy pass...
i dont know, that sounds pretty tempting...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #124
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I generally agree with keeping the discussion to Prime1 here, but with news of a compelling alternative to PCS right before the Chun Li preorder, people with thousands of dollars invested into PCS start thinking about things.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #125
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I generally agree with keeping the discussion to Prime1 here, but with news of a compelling alternative to PCS right before the Chun Li preorder, people with thousands of dollars invested into PCS start thinking about things.
Agreed. There's been more talk *about* negative/unproductive discussion on here than there actually has been. (side note: I like P1, but I also agree on your point about the NECA Turtles.) Unless someone starts a visible thread that's specifically devoted to X company versus Y company, the debate will spread into one or the other's individual threads and someone's going to be stuck policing it. I'd rather hear people's reasons for choosing one piece or another--even if I disagree--because it's interesting to see how people curate their collections. Occasionally it even informs my own purchasing decisions.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #126
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Yeah I'm serious. Look at NECA making a fool out of P1 with the 1/4 TMNT. Sometimes Japanese producers have a very different idea of what is good art direction. Sometimes it's bad.
How exactly are they making a fool of P1?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #127
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
How exactly are they making a fool of P1?
IMO, it's just what NECA's offered for the price point. The likeness and presence of their 1:4 Turtles figures is spot-on. Personally, I don't like their ratchet-y, heavy plastic feel compared to statues, but the sculpts did make me question how much more I was will to pay solely for the feel of something I never touch once it's displayed on a shelf. Even the joints are relatively seamless.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #128
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah it's all about presence. And wait, for 1/5th of the cost? That's the kind of thing that keeps me honest about going all-in with statues sometimes, when it's really all about the sculpt. The NECA sculptor is a real passionate fan of TMNT, and being all hand sculpted it shows.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #129
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Still not making a lot of sense. Youre saying you'll pass if it looks like action figure toys but then you say the action figure toys are actually awesome.

Shouldnt you be saying I hope it looks like the action figs rather than I'll pass if it does?

and I fail to see how they look like fools with the better of the two versions
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #130
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I was talking about crappy art direction, w.r.t to SF, whether they're statues or toys.

The NECA TMNT are objectively better if you have a pair of functional eyes and compare to reference photos. I wouldn't feel bad if I had the P1 turtles, though. It's just the unfortunate timing and cost blows P1 away.

Serpentor is cool tho.