Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-12-2017, 05:51 AM   #661
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Good if your in us,anyone else,Canadian,Europe,chronicle for some reason make sure you pay the highest harmonezided code,so you pay the biggest possible customs tax,not sure why,when sideshow ,pcs,are applying now 9703.... and they produce in the thousands,not like chronicle in the hundreds...very odd and not helpful to collectors,doesn't cost them anything to add this code on the invoice...but they explained to me they don't want to...just thought I let fellow collectors know...
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #662
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I will look into this today, we are not penalizing collectors, we do have a set of rules to follow regarding shipping our items.

If we are doing something wrong, I will post back my findings.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #663
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Good if your in us,anyone else,Canadian,Europe,chronicle for some reason make sure you pay the highest harmonezided code,so you pay the biggest possible customs tax,not sure why,when sideshow ,pcs,are applying now 9703.... and they produce in the thousands,not like chronicle in the hundreds...very odd and not helpful to collectors,doesn't cost them anything to add this code on the invoice...but they explained to me they don't want to...just thought I let fellow collectors know...
I paid more than excpected for customs.Shipping and customs was 1/3 of the statue.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #664
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We are using the correct code by using 9503 as the HS Tariff Code. This code is for reduced-scale models. https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.../headings/9503

The UK customers are asking us to use 9703 as the HS Tariff Code. This excludes them from VAT tax because it is specifically designed for original statuary of a non-commercial nature. https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov...ff/chapters/97. This specifically states: "3. Heading 9703 does not apply to mass-produced reproductions or works of conventional craftsmanship of a commercial character, even if these articles are designed or created by artists."
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #665
zeus

At least use someone else than UPS,they charged me 70$ handling fee.USPS should have been better for me.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #666
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We are using the correct code by using 9503 as the HS Tariff Code. This code is for reduced-scale models. https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.../headings/9503

The UK customers are asking us to use 9703 as the HS Tariff Code. This excludes them from VAT tax because it is specifically designed for original statuary of a non-commercial nature. https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov...ff/chapters/97. This specifically states: "3. Heading 9703 does not apply to mass-produced reproductions or works of conventional craftsmanship of a commercial character, even if these articles are designed or created by artists."
Thanks...but then why are sideshow and pcs using this code now?i find it very odd,are you allowed or not to use it?because sideshow produces in the thousands ,exp:
Superman 5000 limited edition,code aplied 9703.
So why should people outside of USA pay more?and if what you say is correct why are ....
U.K. Customs issuing refunds and changing the code back to 9703 the collectebles ?if you don't belive check the the forum sideshow vat customs...and pcs as well,this is a big topic,not just for U.K.,im from Spain .anyway...
Unfortunately I will niot be shopping with you guys again,I cannot afford 20% extra tax ,I enjoyed my purchases,but they were the last,I will try to claim my money back,and post my outcome.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:21 PM   #667
dao2
Cyclops

Probably because they are using it incorrectly :P

Also isn't the thread in SS section about using 9503 anyways?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #668
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Nope your wrong,sideshow rep with FedEx agreed on it,U.K. And Customs aplies it, no laws being broken here,I got batman modern,Jason,spiderman all on 9703 code...and from pcs the same,Robocop statue,9703 code aplied.
Incorrect was from chronicle to say toynami was making a endo...then giving it to some cheap factory instead...you saw the results,..anyway I'm leaving this tread ,just wanted to let people know how badly they invoice their goods,I hope all outside of USA,are happy to pay 20% extra customs tax thanks to chronicle
Old 07-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #669
zeus

no I'm not happy for the extra charge.And this changes my future business with CC
Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 AM   #670
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Nope your wrong,sideshow rep with FedEx agreed on it,U.K. And Customs aplies it, no laws being broken here,I got batman modern,Jason,spiderman all on 9703 code...and from pcs the same,Robocop statue,9703 code aplied.
Incorrect was from chronicle to say toynami was making a endo...then giving it to some cheap factory instead...you saw the results,..anyway I'm leaving this tread ,just wanted to let people know how badly they invoice their goods,I hope all outside of USA,are happy to pay 20% extra customs tax thanks to chronicle
Im sure this thread will survive without you.
Stay Classy
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote