VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:19 PM   #152
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Looks and sounds like I'm missing absolutely nothing LOL
But always good to see you around these parts, Eric!

(Oh, and I'm not reading it and don't feel like I'm missing anything).
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #153
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Right, and wasn't Spencer or Alonso previously quoted as saying that this is the real Cap, only now to seem like it's not the real Cap, tying in Dimension Z or even Secret Invasion? If that's so then this does feel like back peddling.
I had to go back to my very first post in this thread to find this link where Breevort and Spencer both said the Hydra Cap is the real Steve.

http://www.newsarama.com/29456-brevo...-the-face.html
Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #154
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Yeah I don't think this is a re-write I've assumed they'd do something like this inevitably with the story.

Spencer's lied through his teeth since day one whether intentionally or not when he said Steve wasn't mind controlled. So him not being the real Steve or whatever is going on like a good evil split doesn't seem like any more of a lie thus far.

Still I'm only hearing from secondary sources, I haven't cared about the story since Day 1. I've just sat back and laughed wondering how quickly it'd be reversed or undone in story or not.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #155
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

i haven't been around much lately but did read through this thread. Looks like I am in the minority on this one. I have really enjoyed this arc. Let me start with I have been reading Cap for over 30 years and he has had some BAD runs in that time frame and some really good ones. Since heroes reborn only the Mark Waid and Ed Brubaker runs were any good IMO. I hadn't enjoyed the Remender run and I picked up the current Hydra Cap series and didn't read it till last week. I had heard the grumblings about the Nazi Cap and totally understand where longtime readers would be angry, disgusted and downright pissed off. Here you have the living embodiment of America siding with the Nazi's . Now when you read the story and understand that the Red Skull used the Cosmic Cube to rewrite Steve's past and what he is doing it's not Cap and he was never a Nazi he was Hydra and that is a big difference. He didn't like Hitler nor the Skull .
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #156
Y3E
Gen 13

The current Hydra Cap story and Secret Empire is indeed doggy poo poo. Other than the less than stellar story, I really do not like it when a mini series have different artists throughout the run. What happened to days when an artist would finish his/her run?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:19 PM   #157
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
The current Hydra Cap story and Secret Empire is indeed doggy poo poo. Other than the less than stellar story, I really do not like it when a mini series have different artists throughout the run. What happened to days when an artist would finish his/her run?
Well, this scathing review of the final issue certainly supports your opinion of its being doggy poo poo.

I trust Mark Waid and am looking forward to his taking Cap's reigns now that this poorly conceived insult to Marvel's readership finally is over.

https://www.newsarama.com/36203-best...empire-10.html
Old 08-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #158
protector2814
Phoenix

The last issue of Secret Empire was so bad, I wish there was a fart-emoji on SF, because that's what I'd compare it to. A classic case of a Marvel' "Oh sh*+ ... we gotta finish this thing somehow" Embarrassing for Marvel. STOP THIS KINDA CRAP!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #159
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The last issue of Secret Empire was so bad, I wish there was a fart-emoji on SF, because that's what I'd compare it to. A classic case of a Marvel' "Oh sh*+ ... we gotta finish this thing somehow" Embarrassing for Marvel. STOP THIS KINDA CRAP!
I picked it up, as well as issue #9, yesterday at my LCS and threw them both in recycling this morning. What awful writing and such a crap story. I agree with you, just embarrassing for Marvel. Axel and Spencer should lose their jobs over this train wreck of a concept and the overall execution.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #160
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I picked it up, as well as issue #9, yesterday at my LCS and threw them both in recycling this morning. What awful writing and such a crap story. I agree with you, just embarrassing for Marvel. Axel and Spencer should lose their jobs over this train wreck of a concept and the overall execution.

If you talk to Marvel, all you'll hear is, ''It sold really well'', I'm afraid. At least it is over.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote