Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 03-01-2015, 05:35 AM   #1
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Half-Life 2: Raising The Bar

This book came out pretty much at the same time as the game did in 2004. I think it was $40. Me being much younger I did not want to shell out almost the same amount of money that a full game will cost. Ten years later here I am still searching for this book

For those who are unfamiliar, it is not a guide book but more of a concept art book of the HL1 and HL2 universe. It was especially interesting since it included ideas/art of parts that had to be scrapped since the alpha of the game leaked online a year before (not really playable but I'm glad i have this alpha somewhere in my collection).

Unfortunately the book went out of print and I'm really not sure how many copies were made anyway but the price now is ridiculous. Used you can find for about $100 and new is $250 and above. It def became a collectors item and as a big Half Life fan I wish I could find this one day for a normal price because its just an art book but a good look in history. I have the scanned version of it on my HDD but nothing beats a physical copy :P

Does anyone here have a copy of this book and if not, what are some of your rare books that you have or wish you bought on time?
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
devo7x
Doh!

I have that book and I love it!

I wish I had the Venture Bros art book.
devo7x is offline   Reply With Quote