Absolute Joker \ Luthor Just announced

was waiting for one like this

Kind of annoying that 3 books weren't included
They could have added another from a long line
Noel, Broken City, Deathblow
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I see this thread hasn't been accessed in a long time but I did a quick search and thought this would be the best place to ask my question.

I see there is now an Absolute edition of Preacher out. I have not read a single issue but I heard it was good... can anyone give the endorsement? It's listed at $150 CDN on Amazon which is pretty pricey so I'd like to hear your opinions.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Preacher is pretty good... well... at least the first trade. I just read the first trade like 7 years ago or something and i need to do some soul search at the time... like find out why i'm so freaking unhappy lol so i quitted reading comics for 3 years... i sorted out some things and now, i'm back lol and i think i will grab the absolute preacher too, waiting for a good price reduction at amazon so i don't have to pay the extra tax over shipping cost...

And i would really love to see an Absolute Sandman Overture so my Sandman Absolute Edition Collection can be complete.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #14
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Preacher is pretty good... well... at least the first trade. I just read the first trade like 7 years ago or something and i need to do some soul search at the time... like find out why i'm so freaking unhappy lol so i quitted reading comics for 3 years... i sorted out some things and now, i'm back lol and i think i will grab the absolute preacher too, waiting for a good price reduction at amazon so i don't have to pay the extra tax over shipping cost...

And i would really love to see an Absolute Sandman Overture so my Sandman Absolute Edition Collection can be complete.
Glad you are feeling better, I went through some stuff about 7 years ago too. Full circle yay! I'd like to get those Sandman volumes as well. So many books!
Old 08-17-2016, 05:36 AM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Glad you are feeling better, I went through some stuff about 7 years ago too. Full circle yay! I'd like to get those Sandman volumes as well. So many books!
Thans dude, and i'm glad you are feeling better now too.

I think i will grab Absolute All Star Superman next cause it's my all times favorite Superman series. I should own it in the best formart because of this.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #16
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Thans dude, and i'm glad you are feeling better now too.

I think i will grab Absolute All Star Superman next cause it's my all times favorite Superman series. I should own it in the best formart because of this.
The TPB of All star Superman is actually the only Superman comic I own! I've always been a Marvel guy.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 PM   #17
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
The TPB of All star Superman is actually the only Superman comic I own! I've always been a Marvel guy.
Well, if what we get defines us, i don't get anything from Marvel curently except essential amazing spider-man (turkish edition) and Punisher Max (turkish edition). I usually get most of The Batman stuff if they are not really really badly written and Image is pretty close to my Bat books buying amount... so i'm an DC Image guy lol a hybred who outcasted from both worlds !?!?!? DC doen't want him cause he's too Image... Image doesn't want him cause he's too DC...where does he fit in !?!?!?! ok enough drama

If you liked All Star Superman, you should totally check out Superman for All Seasons, Superman: Red Son,Superman: Secret Identity, Superman: Birthright and Kingdom Come...(Kingdome Come is more of a DCU book but Superman is the lead never the less)
Old 08-17-2016, 04:21 PM   #18
MrJones

Oh I lied then... I do or did have TPB Kingdom Come. That book is amazing and would love an absolute version of that if there is one.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #19
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Oh I lied then... I do or did have TPB Kingdom Come. That book is amazing and would love an absolute version of that if there is one.

Yeah, There is an absolute but it's out of stock. You can find it in ebay though, i guess. There's also a new deluxe edition which came out like 3 months ago. You can find it in everywhere, if the absolute prices are too crazy.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #20
MrJones

Well I did some asking around and most people I asked or reviewed it, said Preacher is one of the best comics they have ever read. Amazon dropped the price from 155 to 130 for Absolute Preacher so I pulled the trigger. Hoping to be here within a few days.