Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #11
Duck It
Frackin!

Now that's a chunk o' change...gotta find a giant bottle, quick. Congrats. Enjoy the stargazing.
Duck It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #12
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
Great story. Congrats.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck It View Post
Now that's a chunk o' change...gotta find a giant bottle, quick. Congrats. Enjoy the stargazing.
Thanks! Yeah, it was definitely not your average change jar, thats for sure. And I will definitely enjoy the stargazing, just as soon as they deliver my scope. Unfortunately, its looking like late August is the very earliest I may see mine delivered.

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #13
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Very cool and amazing how much you were able to save. I have a small can I use for spare change and every two years I cash it in for spending money at Heroes. Amazing how a little change can add up quickly.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #14
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Very cool and amazing how much you were able to save. I have a small can I use for spare change and every two years I cash it in for spending money at Heroes. Amazing how a little change can add up quickly.
Yeah I was pretty shocked when I heard the finally tally. It definitely adds up over time. Just out of curiosity, how much do you usually wind up with when you cash out ever couple years?

Initially, I was planning to do it more like you do it, cashing out every few years, but then I won that storage bin auction that had all of those large Red Wing bottle banks and I just kept putting it off. There were a couple of times that I came really close to cashing out, but thankfully I resisted and just kept things going. I hate having a lot of change in my pockets so I usually keep a zip lock bag in my car, in the storage compartment in between the front seats, and I just dump my change in there as I go about my day. When that gets full I take it in and dump it into my larger bottle banks. I have already covered the bottom of bank #1 so I am already well on my way again. It is a great way to save money over the long term, especially if you have a hard time saving money.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #15
Davidian
Omega Flight

Man, what a cool story! I was picturing myself being in your shoes, and all I could think of was "Man, the amount of car parts I could get with all that change!" lol
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:01 AM   #16
ratchet
Mandarin

Love this story - I'm always shocked how much your change can add up to!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote