Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

New Marvel

I have to say that for the first time in many years my marvel pull list is shrinking a pretty good amount. Hat to be politically incorrect but I am tired of all the changes Marvel is making to key characters. I stopped buying the avengers with the latest relaunch a few months back since none of the avengers wee my avengers. Guess it just allows me to save more money for original artwork.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
Parallax
Nightwing

I've completely dropped Marvel. The Marvel universe isn't the same anymore. They're making all of the mistakes DC was making, but for some reason it's more accepted when it's Marvel, which means it won't be stopping any time soon. It pretty much goes:

- Massive universal event
- New character
- New character
- Smaller event

And so on and so forth.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What I don't get is why they're making these changes when the general public identifies with the movies. I could be wrong, but I imagine when Joe Schmo (or his kids) goes to pick up a Thor book and sees that Thor's a girl he might be less interested...if for no other reason than that it isn't the Thor he knows. Maybe they're making a killing, I don't know...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
Parallax
Nightwing

They changed Daredevil to be like the show (why they would ever do that, I have no idea) and it's the worst comic I've read in years. I'm so disappointed with Marvel recently.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
ratchet
Mandarin

I just don't understand how they can keep all these changes going when sales are not matching up with the hype surrounding them.

Totally Awesome Hulk sold lower than any of the other Hulk reboots before it and its sales sunk lower faster than any of the other Hulk books. It sold 27K units in May and most all of the other Hulk titles were rebooted before sales reached those lows...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #6
Parallax
Nightwing

I think we should face the facts that Marvel only really cares about their movies. The comic Marvel universe is gone now. The comics either mimic the MCU exactly or they are completely different. They rely on Deadpool and Gwen Stacy to keep their sales up. Look at the Avengers we used to have:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Ant/Giant-Man

And now:

Captain America is Sam Wilson
Thor is a girl
Iron Man is a black woman
Hulk is Asian
Giant-Man is a gay Hindu

We all know Daredevil needed a Chinese sidekick. That makes sense. I'm sorry, I meant to say Daredevil needed an ILLEGAL CHINESE IMMIGRANT sidekick. Why in hell do we need illegal immigrants to be superheroes?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Ya I actually just started buying single issues regularly 2 years ago. And stopped about 8 months ago. Marvel drove me off. Believe it or not, as a 30 year old white male, I can't relate to a teenage minority female. That's not racist, there is just nothing to relate to, and therefore I have zero interest in any of the characters. So ya, I'm speaking with my wallet and will not be buying anymore comics except for when they let Starlin do his thing which seems to exist outside the marvel universe.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
They changed Daredevil to be like the show (why they would ever do that, I have no idea) and it's the worst comic I've read in years. I'm so disappointed with Marvel recently.
They did? I've been reading DD for years, and this is news to me...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Ya I actually just started buying single issues regularly 2 years ago. And stopped about 8 months ago. Marvel drove me off. Believe it or not, as a 30 year old white male, I can't relate to a teenage minority female. That's not racist, there is just nothing to relate to, and therefore I have zero interest in any of the characters. So ya, I'm speaking with my wallet and will not be buying anymore comics except for when they let Starlin do his thing which seems to exist outside the marvel universe.
Wow, fortunately many readers don't feel the way you do otherwise women and minorities couldn't read any Marvel superhero comics in the 60s.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #10
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
They did? I've been reading DD for years, and this is news to me...
Yes they did. The comics took a very sharp turn to being dark and gritty. Matt Murdock went from the positive and relatively happy lawyer that he usually is to the depressed, pissed off, and angry character that he is on the show. Aside from the fact that he's now a clone of Charlie Cox, who looks nothing like Matt Murdock did for the last 50 years, he's also now in the black suit to resemble the season 1 look. All of his history is gone and he's in Hell's Kitchen with his secret identity back. They just started from scratch and made the book like the show.