I am not watching this in theatres
Why?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #752
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Yeah, the whole warm and fuzzy amphibian people felt wrong when you've known who the Skrulls are for the last 50 years. The Kree of course are a very complex lot and aren't as bad as they've been portrayed in the movies either. The fact that Galactus is actually the one who destroyed the Skrull homeworld in the comics was also something I was thinking about in this movie.

The main thing I've had to do is remember that the movie verse can't take away all of the great stories from the comics that I've enjoyed over the years. I didn't like them changing Mar-Vell so much, but I also didn't like what they did to the Rhino in the Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies either. But, hey...there's nothing I can do about it other than stop going to these movies and since I'm not going to do that, I'll enjoy them for what they're worth. Well...except for the Dark Phoenix storyline. I won't be going to Fox's 2nd attempt at butchering my all time favorite comic book storyline. The worst part is, now that Marvel owns the X-Men properties I can't see them doing the Dark Phoenix storyline and doing it right because it would be going back to this storyline a 3rd time and there are many, many stories to tell. I wish Marvel would just $#!t can this new Dark Phoenix movie mess from Fox, but they probably can't at this point...
F this “Dark Phoenix” coming out. Not getting my money. That being said, I can see Disney doing it correctly. Leading in with good Phoenix and all of that. Then the corruption makes sense. Mix some hellfire club in for good measure.

The other storylines are also all covered - mutants verses sentinels and biogtry.

I’m hard pressed to find an XMen story that hasn’t been told that would work well with the masses compressed into a 2 hour flick.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:15 AM   #753
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
F this “Dark Phoenix” coming out. Not getting my money. That being said, I can see Disney doing it correctly. Leading in with good Phoenix and all of that. Then the corruption makes sense. Mix some hellfire club in for good measure.

The other storylines are also all covered - mutants verses sentinels and biogtry.

I’m hard pressed to find an XMen story that hasn’t been told that would work well with the masses compressed into a 2 hour flick.
I hope you're right and they do try to do it justice sometime in the future before the superhero movie craze looses it's appeal to the masses...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:10 AM   #754
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Captain Boring is at the bottom of my MCU list. On top of the SJW messaging, this movie has terrible writing, incompetent directing and an uncharismatic lead. Bottom bunch includes Iron Man 2 and 3 , Thor and Thor 2. Those movies also had luckluster directing and sloppy writing, but at least the likeable heros somewhat make up for the failures. The Thor and Loki interactions in Dark World save what could have been total crap.

Not sure why Larson’s portrayal of Vers is so wooden. Even when she supposedly remembers her past, that fun-loving, karaoke-singing, hotshot pilot we see glimpses of in flashbacks doesn’t return. We see glimspes of charm and charisma but they are fleeting.

The humor completely fails. There was not one laugh for me. The only humrous part for me was seeing Goose under a high G balisstic trajectory.

So many story logic issues. Boring battles. Lame retconning. Many critics described this movie as formulaic, but it is not quite true. CM feels less of a Marvel movie than Iron Man 3, because IM3 at least meets the most important variable in the MCU formula equation, an engaging hero. All this and more Lands this movie at 3 out of 10.

Looking forward to see how they handle Captain Wendy in Cheeseburger: Endgame.

And what a waste of Gemma Chan. First time I’ve heard her do an American-style accent.

EDIT: I keep forgetting The Incredible Hulk is part of the MCU. So I guess I put CM above TIH. So not bottom, but second from the bottom.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #755
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Awesome movie ! Enjoyed it totally. 10/10
Same to my 2 friends who went with me to the cinema.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #756
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Captain Marvel joins the billion dollar club.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2018a.htm
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #757
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Captain Marvel joins the billion dollar club.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2018a.htm

That was pretty much a given because of it's tie in with Avengers End Game... Everyone feels like they need to see it before End Game comes out and the way they timed it you can't rent it before End Game comes out so you have to see it in the theaters..

Smart marketing...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #758
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That was pretty much a given because of it's tie in with Avengers End Game... Everyone feels like they need to see it before End Game comes out and the way they timed it you can't rent it before End Game comes out so you have to see it in the theaters..

Smart marketing...
Wait. Are you saying if we went back three months you would have bet a significant amount of money Captain Marvel would gross a billion dollars worldwide?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #759
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I certainly wouldn't have.

I was expecting Captain Marvel to make in the $650 to $750M range and less than Wonder Woman. I do agree that the placement of Captain Marvel between Infinity War and Endgame added to its box office. I joked with a friend that even a new Howard the Duck movie would have done well if released at that time.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:18 PM   #760
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Smart marketing...
Agree with this... that's the only reason it became a blockbuster, because of the Avengers Series..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote