Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Question New Hair Cut, Salon, barber, or cheap SuperCuts type establishments: WHICH?

DO you go to the cheap SUPERCUTS type places to get a hair cut or a salon with a stylist?

I go to a salon. I just got my hair cut and styled for $31.50. I gave the girl a $10 tip and made an appointment to see her again at the end of August. She washed my hair before she cut it, and rinsed it out after the cut to remove all loose hair. She also messaged my head after both washes. She also liked the softness of my hair, she was running her hands through it before she washed it.

I feel that if you go to one of those cheap places, its hit and miss. If they are busy, the people rush to finish cutting your hair. This might result in your new hair cut LOOKING like a$15 dollar hair cut!

I dont want to take that chance. I like to stick with a girl that knows how to cut and style my hair properly.
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I used to go to the salon my wife and daughters use as I simply love the way the girl there cuts my hair, plus she is kind of hot and super cool, but back on topic. I used to go there cause it would cost closer to $45, including tip, to get a hair cut. When I looked at our budget I could get a hair cut or fill my vehicle with gas to get to/from work for a week. I gave up the posh salon cut and switched to Sports Clips which when I pay full price ends up costing close to $20-25. I have since switched to where ever send me coupons for a $7 hair cut. There is a Great Clips about a mile from my place that I have used for the past two or three hair cuts and it is the first time since leaving the salon that my wife has made a positive comment about my hair, so I guess I will stick with them until I run out of coupons or they start jacking up my hair.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
ratchet
Mandarin

My wife shaves my head... but before I went bald I used to have friends cut it. That was hit and miss too...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Just so you all know, the salon I go to has been in business for 60 years. SO they are not some flash in the pan establishment.

And yes, the girl that cuts and styles my hair is kinda hot in a pure, girl next door sort of way. I think she is 19 or so. She she bent over to write the time and date of my next appointment on her card, I could see all the way down her top! DO women know what they are doing when they do this? Not complaining, its was an added bonus I greatly enjoyed! W00t

I think she was a little nervous cutting my hair. She left me for about 5-6 minutes. When she came back, she apologized and told me straight up that she cut herself and did not think I would appreciate her bleeding all over the place! LOL I liked the fact that she was honest with me.
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

I go to SuperCuts because its cheap and I really don't care... its just hair. If they mess up it will grow back.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
koten
Loki

I like to go somewhere cheap, too. And I let it grow pretty long before I make a return trip.
koten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by koten View Post
I like to go somewhere cheap, too. And I let it grow pretty long before a make a return trip.
Yeah, I "should" get my hair cut once every 3-4 weeks, but I typically wait 6-8.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:45 AM   #8
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I pay $20 for a hair cut and shave; including shaping up my eyebrows, and tip in the Bronx.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I bought a set of electric clippers 5 years ago for 20 bucks. Haven't paid a nickel since. I slap the 1/4" guard on there & go to town. If it comes out nice (and it always does), I tip myself generously & spend it right away at my LCS. Those clippers have put more than a few extra statues on my shelves.

I'll leave the $40+ haircuts to the girls.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
cblakey1
Cyclops

Me? Hairbutchery - $16.00
My wife? Elizabeth Arden Salon - $125.00
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote