Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #521
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Artists work on other sculptors pieces all the time. Look at the amount of people involved on SS pieces.

It has already been known that Tony C worked on this Thor...and quite honestly, I don't see XM doing a completely new Thor.

How do we know Tony C doesn't have other deadlines that prevent him from working on this Thor? Maybe he already got word from XM and / or Erick S on changing things. Keep in mind....in a WIP state....anything can change on a statue.

Too many jumping the gun conclusions on this one! Lets wait to officially get more info.

Hell....I can't control how anyone else thinks. I'll speak for myself....I am not going to assume anything until I hear something from XM / Erick / Tony C.

Everything else is simply conjecture!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #522
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well said stony.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #523
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

I got faith in XM if it in the preorder roster then consider it preordered..I asked for the spinning hammer I got a spinning hammer the rest is on XM but I'm certain whatever they do will be most awesome I'm fine with the current Thor sculpt if they go another route then I'll go with that too
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #524
BrodieBruce
Doh!

Too bad the arms dont change out at the shoulders. Could have sold a beta ray bill expanision later on.
BrodieBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #525
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Artists work on other sculptors pieces all the time. Look at the amount of people involved on SS pieces.

It has already been known that Tony C worked on this Thor...and quite honestly, I don't see XM doing a completely new Thor.

How do we know Tony C doesn't have other deadlines that prevent him from working on this Thor? Maybe he already got word from XM and / or Erick S on changing things. Keep in mind....in a WIP state....anything can change on a statue.

Too many jumping the gun conclusions on this one! Lets wait to officially get more info.

Hell....I can't control how anyone else thinks. I'll speak for myself....I am not going to assume anything until I hear something from XM / Erick / Tony C.

Everything else is simply conjecture!
Nicey put! Let's wait to get some official facts before throwing anyone under the bus.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #526
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Better not impact my commission with Tony.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #527
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
What's the subject?
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #528
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
This just may get your commission done faster!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #529
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Whatever the situation with Erick revising I think that they should have, at the very least, credited Tony as the sculptor and not just put "to be revised by Erick Sosa". It's almost as if they think that having Erick's name on their is the selling point when Tony is just as good imho. Each to their own though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I like it as its, however I am 100% sure Tony C can do better specially with the fans feedback.
Let Tony revise it a bit and Erick sculpt an extra portrait
Yeah, Tony can definitely do better but then again there was plenty of fan feedback given way back and nothing much (seemingly) changed in that respect (maybe because they didn't see anything as needing to be changed). The sculpt was just progressed as per normal in areas that hadn't been finished yet i.e the head sculpt, hammer etc. I guess this just highlights potential limitations of combining traditional sculpting with XM's business model i.e. of taking on fan comments and implementing changes quickly.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #530
Thor57
Teen Titans

Well said Loric. I think we are all jumping the gun, myself included. I think its probably a few changes that Sosa is doing due to either A. Tony being unavailable or B. XM saying dont worry Tony, its nothing drastic, just some measurements here and there, we'll take care of it in house.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote