Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #101
nearmint
Phoenix

But when it says "Exclusive Edition includes extra head and hand" right above pictures of a head and a hand, it's leads one to believe those are the EX.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:40 PM   #102
Shoo
Hercules

It's unintentionally misleading, all right.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:45 PM   #103
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

From Facebook:

"
Harley Exclusive Clarification:
There have been a few questions about what exactly the difference is between the regular and the exclusive. Just to clarify, with the tweeterhead exclusive you will be receiving two heads (goggle and non goggle) and two hands (pop gun and Joker doll). The regular version only comes with the non goggle head and pop up gun.
Hope this clears that up!!"
Old 05-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #104
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Anyone concerned about the long-term strenth of the clear resin? Clear resin has a tendency to be brittle and can warp over time.
yes i find it a little bizarre they designed it this way, even if that was regular polystone / resin i wouldnt trust it - the physics of this piece are not favorable. they should have had a large cloud of smoke at the base that her foot pinned into, as is i dont see there any way that this wont sag over time
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #105
Neon2102
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
From Facebook:

"
Harley Exclusive Clarification:
There have been a few questions about what exactly the difference is between the regular and the exclusive. Just to clarify, with the tweeterhead exclusive you will be receiving two heads (goggle and non goggle) and two hands (pop gun and Joker doll). The regular version only comes with the non goggle head and pop up gun.
Hope this clears that up!!"
Strange as the email from Tweeterhead on the PO states:

"The TWEETERHEAD limited Edition exclusive includes an extra head (not wearing goggles/scarf) and hand (pop-gun hand).

Hope they clear it up.
Neon2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:54 PM   #106
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

They've clearly bungled their announcement of what the exclusive accessories are. That said it seems pretty easy to me how to figure which is which given the exclusive is direct order only. Not sure why it continues to be an issue when you can bring up both versions and see which one offers all accessories (exclusive) and which doesn't (regular).
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #107
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

You gonna pull the trigger Hellboy?

I'm still on the fence (only because of possible leaning)
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #108
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It's tempting but for now I'm passing for a couple reasons. Main one being the overall longevity of the piece is in question. As you mentioned the possibility of it leaning over time is high. I'd go as far as saying it's a certainty unless they've reinforced it somehow that we can't see. I'd also like to know what their plans are for the line in general beyond this piece. If they were to address those things I could certainly see picking this up. A comic book inspired DC line in this scale is something I've been waiting a long time for but as a long time collector I know better than to jump in head first.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #109
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It's tempting but for now I'm passing for a couple reasons. Main one being the overall longevity of the piece is in question. As you mentioned the possibility of it leaning over time is high. I'd go as far as saying it's a certainty unless they've reinforced it somehow that we can't see. I'd also like to know what their plans are for the line in general beyond this piece. If they were to address those things I could certainly see picking this up. A comic book inspired DC line in this scale is something I've been waiting a long time for but as a long time collector I know better than to jump in head first.
I'm in the same boat. The issue with what is EX, and what isn't, is easy to figure out. My biggest issue is what appears to be the only support for the statue being the clear resin rocket pack exhaust. After my experience with SS Sinestro, I would not rely on just that. Definitely need a better base/secure point, IMO.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #110
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'd like to know what else they have planned also, it would make ordering this easier. I don't have any DC Comic versions right now and would like a Batman set up with Batman, and lots of his villains. (Nightwing / Robin, Red Robin, Red Hood would be great also)
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote