Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #41
built2shred
Phoenix

To be fair they do draw men in ultra peak condition also.... Which I'm sure women find is sexy.... Even a secure heterosexual like me can admire Supe's buns of steel
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #42
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same, i'm wondering if it'll be from an existing piece of AG art. Regardless if super girl is any indication of whats to come, PG will arguably be the best P1 statue to date
I was wondering the same. Supergirl and Mera are both based on covers/art prints. But, as far as I know there's not too many of his Power Girl. Just one print I've seen along with the art that DC and Sideshow each used for their respective statues.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:47 PM   #43
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Artgerm or AH would be great. Conner would be good too. EMC is great but I’m not sure his style would translate well into statue form. SS PF just never got her face or hair right.

For the people “outraged” by her figure - maybe like basketweaving or lawn bowling might be more up your alley. My point is no one is forcing a gun to your head to buy anything Power Girl. Try a different thread.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #44
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

LMAO @ the basketweaving comment.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #45
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I was wondering the same. Supergirl and Mera are both based on covers/art prints. But, as far as I know there's not too many of his Power Girl. Just one print I've seen along with the art that DC and Sideshow each used for their respective statues.
He's currently doing a run of Catwoman variants, but not sure if that indicates she may make an appearance or not. I'll keep an eye on all he does. Likes to do lots of ink work at conventions, but in terms of his normal style only one that stands out lately was his Wonder Woman cover (wasn't a variant, Frison has been doing those lately, her upcoming DC statue looks great by the way).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #46
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Goodness gracious, but why all the fuss? Feminism and Social Justice Warriors trying to legislate what people (primary target: men) should or should not find attractive.

So what if I like big breasts? Who does that hurt? Why should it make women with small breasts feel insecure? Or promote unrealistic ideals of female body image? If you have small breasts and feel somehow insecure - news flash, that's your issue, not mine! I have no obligation to change my desires, than you have to modify your body.

If people want to see female superheroes with small breasts, being over weight, or any other features counter to the "mainstream" - simply go draw your own comics. Last time I looked, pencils and paper were available for everyone to buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
For those who don't like power girl or the kind of women she physically represents There's always faith from valiant comics. She's power girl plus 50-70 pounds overweight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Artgerm or AH would be great. Conner would be good too. EMC is great but I’m not sure his style would translate well into statue form. SS PF just never got her face or hair right.

For the people “outraged” by her figure - maybe like basketweaving or lawn bowling might be more up your alley. My point is no one is forcing a gun to your head to buy anything Power Girl. Try a different thread.
Just to clear things up - you're all missing the point.

This character was created because sex sells. There's no story-related reason for her looking the way she does, it's simply to appeal to young men. She was never meant to be some hero for big-breasted women, she is simply the embodiment of a man's sexual fantasy.

Look at it this way; Male superheros are drawn ripped with enormous muscles. They're supposed to embody extreme and unnatural strength, going above and beyond, etc. They're not drawn that way to seem "sexy" to women. The women however are generally drawn with thin bodies, bikini lines and gargantuan, fake breasts. That doesn't exude strength at all, what it does display, however, is promiscuity and over-the-top sexuality.

I am a heterosexual male and by no means a prude. Nor am I outraged. I'm not asking for flat-chested or overweight female superheros, I'm just drawing attention to the fact that this character was so blatantly created for one, tasteless purpose.

@Augen - I'm glad that you have a genuine appreciation for this character and certain stories featuring her that have real depth. I have no issue with you and am not attempting to make you feel bad for liking the character.

Anyway, I'm out - for real this time.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #47
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Not sure if serious.

She's not a real person, nor does she look like one. She wasn't born into a sexy bathing suit that heavily reveals cleavage from her unnaturally massive breasts. She was created and drawn this way by your typical horny sexist male that believes all women should look that way.
Wow what a way to insult all men with one huge brush stroke
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #48
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

This character was created because sex sells. There's no story-related reason for her looking the way she does, it's simply to appeal to young men. She was never meant to be some hero for big-breasted women, she is simply the embodiment of a man's sexual fantasy.

Look at it this way; Male superheros are drawn ripped with enormous muscles. They're supposed to embody extreme and unnatural strength, going above and beyond, etc. They're not drawn that way to seem "sexy" to women. The women however are generally drawn with thin bodies, bikini lines and gargantuan, fake breasts. That doesn't exude strength at all, what it does display, however, is promiscuity and over-the-top sexuality.

I am a heterosexual male and by no means a prude. Nor am I outraged. I'm not asking for flat-chested or overweight female superheros, I'm just drawing attention to the fact that this character was so blatantly created for one, tasteless purpose.

@Augen - I'm glad that you have a genuine appreciation for this character and certain stories featuring her that have real depth. I have no issue with you and am not attempting to make you feel bad for liking the character.

Disagree, there's no reason to draw Superman with huge muscles, given the sun gives him his power, that's why twig looking supergirl is just as strong as him, he's drawn the way he is to appeal to women, gay men and to make normal guys feel bad about the way they look.... The Audacity of it all !!!

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #49
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:

How long does it take for the elevator to come down from that massive soapbox you’re on?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #50
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

You’re tasteless.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote