Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Sgt.Rock
Frackin!

Exclamation Galactus Is A Huge Faggot and loves the c0ck

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/752/752946p1.html

On 2/20/07, a game called "Crackdown" is going to be released. It seems like a fairly boring rehash of the whole "Grand Theft Auto - Let's go around and shoot **** until it gets boring" gaming trend, but it also comes coupled with a invite to the Halo online Beta testing that will occur a few months before the game itself is released. So if you're willing to spend $60 on a generic game now, you can play a little bit of Halo 3 online in a few months before the rest of the general public.

The second way to get an invite is to play 3 hours of Halo 2 online, then register to play the online beta through the Halo 3 website. The first 13,333 applicants will be accepted. But honestly, this seems like an impossibility, because I can imagine that half a million people will flood it the moment it goes live.
Sgt.Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Actualy Crackdown is shaping up to be not that bad at all. Apart from the shell shaded graphics wich you either love or hate (or dont care) the gameplay is promissing to be quite unique. At first glance another gta clone...but this time the gameplay is situated not only horizontaly but also verticaly. Meaning you can climb buildings and jump from one to another (you can jump unrealisticaly high). Talking about that, some "super abilities" are also included like being able to pick up cars and whatnot and throw them around. Probably the most promissing feature is that you can play the game with two players online, either cooperatively, versus (if you start killing each other a killcount will start keeping the score) or just separate but in the same gameworld. Also worth mentioning is the memory, like for instance if you want to block a road by piling up cars, and you need to go a couple of blocks to find more cars, when you return the pile is still there, unlike games so far where the pile would be gone...or so they promise.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah Crackdown actually seems like a fun game compared to something like Saint's Row which to me felt very generic. I'd rather pick this up if it's as good as promised and wait for GTA.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
Archangel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'll have to buy Crackdown and get in on the beta test and then flip Crackdown on eBay. Is that wrong of me?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
Ghost

Hell I'm ready to flip, Gears
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
kirthew
Zot

I will get Crackdown... just because I get all Microsoft titles... Hell I have Gears of War just have not had time to play it yet...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
Ghost

Doing anything to support your company eh?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Doing anything to support your company eh?
Well.. when you get new titles for 1/2 price... yeah.. you support your company.. Except I did not get Viva Pinata.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
Archangel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
Well.. when you get new titles for 1/2 price... yeah.. you support your company.. Except I did not get Viva Pinata.
Are you in the Halo 3 beta test to?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Are you in the Halo 3 beta test to?
When I get Crackdown I will be... I am signed up for the Shadowrun Beta though...