Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #21
They're Statues!
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well here's a little Gears news: Two new multiplayer maps Raven Down and Old Bones should be available for free Wednesday the 10th. There will also be a new update with some fixes on Tuesday the 9th. Thanks to Joystiq.com and xboxzone.com.au.

fixes will include:
Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
Enabled "Strict" NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
Added additional cheat detection code
Additional housekeeping updates
They're Statues! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Nice!

Also word has it on the new Zephyr 360 should be unveiled by Gates this week at CES!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Don't worry birthday boy, I'm always on top of the Wii news! I'm a strong supporter of it! Though I actually gave mine to my family as a Xmas present since they loved playing it alot when they saw it. Figured they'd have more fun since there's more ppl in the household. I'll pick another one up down the line when more games are out. Possibly around March again.
Ah ok...that's cuz u beat Zelda too right?

Anything set to come out around March?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #24
Ghost

Yeah I beat it a while back in the Zelda thread, and haven't played much of Rayman's Raving Rabbids, but since I couldn't get more Wiimotes I figured let the family try to hunt some down heh.
As far as March goes I haven't seen anything of interest really and nothing great stuff from Nintendo. Like we talked about before, WarioWare Smooth Moves soon and WiiPlay. There's 3rd party stuff coming out here and there though, how good is it we don't know. I think Pokemon Battle is out in Japan now and it will be online enabled so you'll be able to battle other ppl.

Having your friends now to play aren't required to have the console code but another way through the game.

Elebits like we talked about is out and is an incredibly fun game, and mulitplayer on that is great, and while you can't play online you can create maps and puzzles and send them to your friends. So right now there's still some pretty fun games to get. Trauma Center as well is very fun. I'll see if I can find anything else out.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #25
Ghost

Alrighty Some Wii News!

WarioWare is out next week on the 17th.
WiiPlay sometime after Feb,not sure if it will come out in Feb or not.
Couple of new Ubisoft games soon within this quarter.
Cooking Mama (which looks like a crazy fun game) has no set date but first quarter as well.

As far as March goes only concrete games are Prince of Persia and a new browser.
New Sonic game out first quarter as well. Hopefully it will be alot better then the 360's Sonic game.

Also if you guys are interested in old school gaming, the VC (Virtual Console) releases new games pretty much I think on Mondays.

There's also word that there's a chance NiGHTS might make it to the Wii!!! I loved NiGHTS on the Saturn so I hope this is actually true and that it might happen.

Which also when playing Zelda during the flying the bird monster stage reminded me A LOT of Panzer Dragoon. And how kewl would that be if they released a PD game on the Wii?!?!?

Other then that lots of 3rd party stuff that's so so but still a good steady stream of games for the Wii.

There ya go Primal!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Only get Cooking Mama if it's cheap. I got it for the ds and while it's worth 20 bucks, not sure if it's worth much more than that.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #27
Ghost

True but just like Trauma Center which was a DS game, if you don't have it for the DS it's just as fun if not more on the Wii. So we'll see!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #28
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Elebits like we talked about is out and is an incredibly fun game, and mulitplayer on that is great, and while you can't play online you can create maps and puzzles and send them to your friends.
I got Elibits for 3 friends who are brothers and they say they enjoyed it quite a bit. Only thing is they started to get headaches & confusion from so many things going on at once. When they got lost in the moment they were losing track of who was moving what with their wiimote.

New Prince of Persia & Sonic sound like things to keep an eye out for.
Nights looked visually interesting when I saw the commercials a while back.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #29
Ghost

Yeah they said when it's 4 ppl all on screen it's so frantic you can't keep up. I just loved how it controls. It's another game I wouldn't mind owning.

I can only imagine how PoP will work. You can rewind and slow down with the Wiimote like an actual remote or possibly do certain moves to activate the powers. Seems like it could be A LOT of fun if done right.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #30
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Good thread ghost!
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote