Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #131
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Your more likely to be shot than bitten by a dog.
Not in Canada I'm not. Besides, I steer clear of guns just as I do pitbulls.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #132
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Firstly, I never said anything about condemning the breed. I said they're dangerous. No amount of insults or skewed data will change that opinion. Their reputation as a potentially vicious and unstable breed has been well earned, and if you'll recall, I laid much of the blame for that directly at the feet of humans, who originally bred them for just that.
Quote:
This is all bullsh!t! I don't care how many people come out of the woodwork in favour of pitbulls, they are a dangerous and unpredictable breed. At a certain age a high, very high percentage of them just plain snap, regardless of upbringing. It's a part of their nature. They were bred to kill. PERIOD. A very good friend of had an incredibly loving and puppylike pit, the only one I ever trusted. She would roll around on her back and do all the sweetest things any dog will do. You could put your entire hand in Taz's mouth and she would gag trying to get away from it. One of the sweetest dogs I have ever known. At about two and a half years old, with absolutely NO prior history of anything in the remotest area of violent, she bolted out the door between my buddy's legs, ran across the street and savagely murdered two dogs whom she had played with all her life. He had her put down that day and will never again go near a pitbull. So put away all your stories of how it's always the fault of the owner and realize that we have made a dog whose sole purpose is to fight and kill. Yes, it's man's fault, but not the specific owner. The breed has an inbred need to destroy. IMO, if you trust a pit, you will eventually pay the price for how they were bred. It's only a matter of time.
How is this ridiculous comment not condeming an entire breed?
Why would you force your hand down the dog's throat forcing it to gag? Does that sound like a responsible dog owner or are you doing it for s***'s and giggles? It is the owners fault when a dog attacks. A dog does not operate on free will, it operates on the way it was raised and instinct. With proper training any dog will act the way you want it too. If my dog attack's, it is my fault plain and simple.
Quote:
Secondly, your additional statistics strengthen, not weaken the arguement against pitbulls. It clearly shows that the breed is responsible for nearly THREE TIMES the number of attacks, maiming and deaths than it's nearest rival. Compared to most other breeds the ratio is more like hundreds to one. So your data actually works against your own arguement. Well done.
There is no doubt that pitt's top the list in attacks every year. What comes into question is the circumstances. Even in your link you seem to ignore this comment that contraticts your views on the breed:
Quote:
In all fairness, therefore, it must be noted that:

■Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner or handler most often is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.
■An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
■Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.
To learn more about dog attacks, see Why dogs bite people To learn about how to take some of the bite out of the dog bite epidemic, see Attorney Kenneth Phillips' 10-point plan for Preventing Dog Bites.
Quote:
Arguing that 210 attacks per year is acceptable against the total population of pitbulls is beyond ignorant. Your saying that an attack every other day is okay because there's a lot more of the breed? What an utterly moronic stance. That's like saying that 10,000 murders a year is acceptable considering that there are 100,000,000 guns in the nation. Hope you're fine with that too because that's what you're saying about dog attacks. Also, there must be millions of great white sharks in the oceans but only a handful have ever attacked a human being. I still wouldn't want to jump in the water with one. Why take the risk that it'll be one of the nasty ones?
The moronic stance is condeming millions of dogs because of the actions of a few irresponsible owners (like your friend forcing his dog to gag). If you cannot see that millions on top of millions of this dangerous breed are raised properly and go through life without an issue, then ignorance really is bliss.
Quote:
The fact is that every year for at least as long as these statistics have been recorded, without fail, the pitbull tops the list of attacks, maimings and killings by a massive margin over any other breed. Period. Always. Every year. If that doesn't send up a red flag to anyone, fine. I choose to steer widely around pitbulls, just to be on the safe side. That's smart, not ignorant.
The fact is that a dog must be raised properly regardless of breed. Avoiding a potentially dangerous breed is smart. Lumping an entire breed together because of the actions of a few is beyond ignorant, and you know it.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #133
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Not in Canada I'm not. Besides, I steer clear of guns just as I do pitbulls.
And cars I hope...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #134
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
The moronic stance is condeming millions of dogs because of the actions of a few irresponsible owners (like your friend forcing his dog to gag). If you cannot see that millions on top of millions of this dangerous breed are raised properly and go through life without an issue, then ignorance really is bliss.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #135
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
And cars I hope...
And White people. We are the predominate member of death row. Make sure to steer clear when you see one walking toward you on the sidewalk.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #136
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Ridiculous! Do you also blame the car in a car accident?

•A person dies in a car accident every 12 minutes and each year car crashes kill 40,000 people

Gee - we should steer clear of cars huh? Those things are dangerous!

Or maybe, just maybe - it might be the person responsible for that car... or dog.
if the car has a massive defect that caused the accident then you bet your ass the car gets blamed
Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #137
DarkKni9hT

Nobody ever forced their hand down Taz's throat and forced her to gag. You never play with a dog and they end up mouthing, not biting, you as dogs will do? My point, gloriously blown out of proportion by you, was that she was so docile that she would not even do that. Until the day she went berserk, she was treated like any other house puppy, loved and adored by her owners and trained to be obedient and gentle. How then, was it his fault that she went bananas one day, no provocation, no warning signs, no prior abuse, nothing? Like some people, some dogs (of any breed before you twist that comment to your liking) are inherently unstable. It's not always the owners' fault. Usually, but not always. And given the disproportionate number of pitbull attacks per year versus any other breed, it is fair to assume that unstable pitbulls, prone to violence, are more prevalent than in many other other breeds.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #138
DarkKni9hT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
And White people. We are the predominate member of death row. Make sure to steer clear when you see one walking toward you on the sidewalk.
Now you're just being an a$$hole.
Closed Thread