Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #31
Nerdy Black Guy
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
Carpenter's Myers 1/4 PF only for me.
Nerdy Black Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #32
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
I don't get the hate for Zombies Halloween. I really liked how they told the story of him instead of focusing on the other people. I won't defend the second one at all though. That was crap IMO.
cuz they messed up the story of michael myers. i only saw the movie once. so i can't remember all the bad things. but these are the main ones i can remember... first i remember them showing a story of him young. having such a bad child hood. to make it look like if thats why he kills. cuz his life was so messed up that that made him crazy. but thats not the story of the original. its a curse that he has. and i think he can't get rid of the curse or die till he kills every member of his family. which is why in every movie. it's a family member he's trying to kill. in this one i remember him wanting a hug from his sister. not kill her. then whats with the cracks on the mask? latex mask don't have crack. they tear. so that's stupid... and then there's other reasons i can't remember anymore.
rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #33
blazingb
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think if you prefer Rob Zombies MM over John Carpenters your a few cans short of a six pack! No offence to anyone haha.

John Carpenter rules! what we need is an
Escape from New York - Snake Plissken PF Now!!!
Or you could even do something from The Thing or Big Trouble in Little China. Whose with me?
blazingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #34
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraith View Post
I'd rather have a ROB ZOMBIE PF!
NOW YOU'RE TALKIN!

I hear Meet The Creeper, Dragula and Living Dead Girl in the background already!

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #35
asura
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Rob Zombies' Michael Myers design is awesome. Honestly, his version of MM depicts a huge, tall and bulky psycho killer. The graphics are just amazing. Anyway, it's always the same with a remake (and not necessarily Halloween): a huge part of fans rise up against and make noise, because it looks different from the original, while people that actually enjoyed it remain calm. Most of complaints about remake state that either they are not faithfull to the original or they look too much the same... Remakes wont bring anything new (or few) in term of scenarios. What they bring, however, is a fresh view on the graphics and character design. John Carpenter's Halloween was excellent...back in the context of 1978.

Anyway, numbers talk for themselves...worldwide box office revenue of Rob Zombie's Halloween is the biggest of the whole franchise (even if some could say "yeah but you have to take into account inflation, which makes it look different...blabla"). It necessarily means the movie was good or at least appealing or interesting.
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #36
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asura View Post
John Carpenter's Halloween was excellent...back in the context of 1978.
Carpenter's Halloween is excellent in the context of 2010. Its light years better than 90% of the garbage Hollywood churns out even today. Everything from the Direction to the music to the overall tone of the film is near perfection. It's influence on the Horror genre in general is immeasurable. It is the true definition of a genre defining classic and it still holds up with current Horror films that have 10 times the budget it had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asura View Post
Anyway, numbers talk for themselves...worldwide box office revenue of Rob Zombie's Halloween is the biggest of the whole franchise (even if some could say "yeah but you have to take into account inflation, which makes it look different...blabla"). It necessarily means the movie was good or at least appealing or interesting.
Box Office revenue has never been an accurate way to gauge a good film. It "necessarily" means nothing except maybe that Horror films in general are more marketable than they were back in 1978. In 30+ years Zombie's Halloween will be just one of many horror remakes/sequels that fades into obscurity. It merely capitalized off the cult following and sustained success created by the original which even today is considered to be one of the greatest Horror films of all time.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #37
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Actually the original Halloween made $47 million in 1978 dollars, just in the U.S. alone. It made so much money in fact that it was the highest grossing independant film for a decade. The sequel pulled in $25.5 million in 1980 dollars.

Zombies Halloween made $58 million in 2007 dollars at the U.S. box office, and his Halloween 2 made just over half that with $33 million in 2009 dollars.

Adjusted for inflation in 2010 dollars, Carpenter's original Halloween actually made more than both films combined in the U.S. at $150,641,025.

The original Halloween was a true box office sensation back in the day. The Rob Zombie films pulled in solid horror film numbers, and not much more. Well the first one at least, the second was considered a box office disappointment, despite being profitable.

Adjusted for inflation, and whether taken based on worldwide box office takings, or just US takings, the original Halloween is still number 1 money earner at the box office, with Halloween: H20 actually coming in second, Halloween 2 is third, and zombies Halloween remake is fourth.

Even not adjusted for inflation, the first two original Halloween films were still far more profitable as well, given that the budgets were $320 thousand for Halloween, and $2.5 million for Halloween 2. Rob Zombies films meanwhile both cost around $15 million each.

That said, box office takings still have absolutely nothing to do with film quality.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #38
blazingb
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Way to tell it Sledge Hammer! totally agree with you.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=halloween.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=halloween07.htm

Thats a 29 years difference!! and Rob Zombie could only muster a 11 million difference between that and the original?!?! Get real people if you actually think that Rob Zombies film was a better financial success then John Carpenters.
blazingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #39
Freon
Howling at the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingb View Post
John Carpenter rules! what we need is an
Escape from New York - Snake Plissken PF Now!!!
Or you could even do something from The Thing or Big Trouble in Little China. Whose with me?

All of the above!
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #40
asura
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It would also be very cool to see a 12 inch figure of Michael Myers in the Hot Toys style (John Carpenter or Rob Zombie). Do you guys think Hot Toys could ever pick up the license?
asura is offline   Reply With Quote