Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #111
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Studio 51? I was looking at Level 52 Studios and that looked pretty good. Still waiting on Chronicle Collectibles though.
Yeah, that's it. I got the name wrong. And yeah, the initial Ehren sculpt looks great. I'm sure base will too and I'm sure it will be painted fantastic.

But...

The ARH Frazettas didn't fail because they sucked. The one thing Level 52 is doing right that ARH did wrong is they are releasing ONE statue, not 5 or so. But still, just look at numbers... they had to pay Ehren for the girl sculpt, pay the other sculptor for the base sculpt, then they said they were hiring two trained painters to paint it and then they were flying them to China to show the people in the factory how to paint them... none of this stuff is free.

Now if they 2000 units, it's not an issue... but how many hard core Frazetta fans out there will have $600-$1000 plus AND room to fit a statue with a giant footprint like this? 30-40 maybe?

Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am. But I think they are trying to reinvent the same flat wheel that ARH did two years ago.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #112
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Yeah, that's it. I got the name wrong. And yeah, the initial Ehren sculpt looks great. I'm sure base will too and I'm sure it will be painted fantastic.

But...

The ARH Frazettas didn't fail because they sucked. The one thing Level 52 is doing right that ARH did wrong is they are releasing ONE statue, not 5 or so. But still, just look at numbers... they had to pay Ehren for the girl sculpt, pay the other sculptor for the base sculpt, then they said they were hiring two trained painters to paint it and then they were flying them to China to show the people in the factory how to paint them... none of this stuff is free.

Now if they 2000 units, it's not an issue... but how many hard core Frazetta fans out there will have $600-$1000 plus AND room to fit a statue with a giant footprint like this? 30-40 maybe?

Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am. But I think they are trying to reinvent the same flat wheel that ARH did two years ago.
I think the affordability is the bigger issue. $600 to $1000 is quite a bit of money to plop down, however, if, and it's a big if, they market it not only as a Frazetta piece, but as a Fantasy piece and hit that crowd they may be able to sell quite a few.

I think the better and wider you market something the easier it is to hit the numbers you need.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #113
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The thread is kind of getting derailed but I cannot resist commenting on Frazetta stuff and of course I will be getting the Cat Woman but as I see it the positives and negatives for this one are as follows:

Positives:

1. High end paint up will go a LONG way in making this more desireable. Everyone knows I like ARH and Arahom but he is just a good painter, expensive stuff should have great painters

2. Reasonable cost. If expectations hold up this will be relatively less expensive.

3. Wider marketing could lead to better sales numbers.

Negatives

1. As Warlock mentioned, the number of people who meet all the requirements of a. Huge Frazetta fan, b. Likes and collects statues c. Has a grand or so laying around to spend on something like this. is actually pretty small. I don't think it has gone up.

2. When it comes down to it this is just a statue of a fat naked chick. Not all that appealing on it's own. If it wasn't Frazetta there is zero chance that I would buy it, no matter how well it was done. So I'm not sure how many non-Frazetta fantasy types will be interested in it.

As always I hope it goes great and I off course will be getting it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #114
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The thread is kind of getting derailed but I cannot resist commenting on Frazetta stuff and of course I will be getting the Cat Woman but as I see it the positives and negatives for this one are as follows:

Positives:

1. High end paint up will go a LONG way in making this more desireable. Everyone knows I like ARH and Arahom but he is just a good painter, expensive stuff should have great painters

2. Reasonable cost. If expectations hold up this will be relatively less expensive.

3. Wider marketing could lead to better sales numbers.

Negatives

1. As Warlock mentioned, the number of people who meet all the requirements of a. Huge Frazetta fan, b. Likes and collects statues c. Has a grand or so laying around to spend on something like this. is actually pretty small. I don't think it has gone up.

2. When it comes down to it this is just a statue of a fat naked chick. Not all that appealing on it's own. If it wasn't Frazetta there is zero chance that I would buy it, no matter how well it was done. So I'm not sure how many non-Frazetta fantasy types will be interested in it.

As always I hope it goes great and I off course will be getting it.
I find nothing wrong with a full figured woman. Quite sexy.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #115
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I find nothing wrong with a full figured woman. Quite sexy.
I agree... but Novak is right... by today's standards, she's just a fat naked chick. If you don't have any connection to Frazetta, that's the first question out of a 20 year olds lips... why is she so fat? That's why it's a hard sell to non Frazetta fans.

This statue isn't going to sell, but I hope they make 3-4 different ones before they realize this. I'd like to pick up a few.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #116
The13thWarlock

As far as detailing the thread... is it that big of a deal. Until ARH makes a plan with how they are handeling this or people start receiving statues they don't want... what's really left to say.

I say we use the time to talk about fat naked chicks more... and how about that bush!!! Lol!
Old 03-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #117
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't think Frazetta's Cat Girl is fat. She's more curvy / athletic like most of his girls. And this might turn out to be the best Frazetta diorama statue released so far. As I posted before I didn't like the Egyptian Queen one that much.

I believe some of the current plus sized models would be considered far more fat than a Frazetta girl. I haven't seen the new SI Swimsuit issue yet but I believe they have a few in it like last year.

Anyway, back to Sharyn. I'm not on Facebook and for some reason I can't get the comments to load up. Anyone watching what people are posting there? This just seems like a disaster in the making. I doubt these will be discounted but I'm watching just in case...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #118
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't think Frazetta's Cat Girl is fat. She's more curvy / athletic like most of his girls. And this might turn out to be the best Frazetta diorama statue released so far. As I posted before I didn't like the Egyptian Queen one that much.

I believe some of the current plus sized models would be considered far more fat than a Frazetta girl. I haven't seen the new SI Swimsuit issue yet but I believe they have a few in it like last year.

Anyway, back to Sharyn. I'm not on Facebook and for some reason I can't get the comments to load up. Anyone watching what people are posting there? This just seems like a disaster in the making. I doubt these will be discounted but I'm watching just in case...
Only one comment about the top on their video, but they have hidden three comments so who knows what those said.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #119
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Only one comment about the top on their video, but they have hidden three comments so who knows what those said.
Here is what someone posted a few days ago on their Facebook.com/ArhStudiosfans site:

"I would strongly suggest you contact the people who have ordered Sha-Ryn and are expecting a piece with a removable top. If this statue shows up on people's doorsteps and they find out her top isn't removable you are going to have some irate customers."

There are supposed to be 10 more comments but they won't load for me. Facebook really makes the site slow for people not using cookies / without an account.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #120
The13thWarlock

Quote:
I was wondering why I couldn't see all the comments. I didn't know you could hide comments. How diabolical!!!!