Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #11
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler777
The person Actualy Picked up the Items from me...
Darn, so he knew what he was doing. Now you don't have a shipping address to track this person down. Sorry to hear about this.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #12
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

you should still be able to get his address from E-bay or paypal...
It should have been in the winning bid e-mail from e-bay or you could go to oaypal, and look it up on your transaction page...
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #13
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
The person Actualy Picked up the Items from me...
Wow, what a scumbag! Sorry to hear about that, NC. Hope you can do something about it. People like this should not be allowed to breed!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yea it used my First and Last Name...

dude if it used first and last names you need ot log into paypal and check. it sounds real.

oh just read more. this really sucks man. actually picked it up in person. dang that is so rare with ebay.

good luck and please keep us updated on this one.
thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Damn! That sucks that it is real. I got one almost identical to that but it was a scam. A good rule is to always go to the website and check your account in case it is a scam...
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
Elessar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Question

That sucks big time and the buyer is a real pr**k for doing that to you. One question though. Why didn't you insist on cash if he collected it from you personally?
Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
Scion
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinejedi007
you should still be able to get his address from E-bay or paypal...
It should have been in the winning bid e-mail from e-bay or you could go to oaypal, and look it up on your transaction page...

I think the problem in this case is that the "buyer" used someone else's paypal and probably ebay accounts to make the purchase, which is why the note from paypal said the funds recieved were unauthorized. So if he looks for the address related to the accounts the address would belong to someone else who is also a victim. This is probably also the reason why the "buyer" picked it up in person rather then have it shipped.

Quote:
And how can paypal hold me Liable if they are the ones who accepted the bad Payment???
I think the actual account holder is a victim whose account was taken over by someone else. So it wasnt a "bad Payment" but like the message said the funds were unauthorized. If that is the case I hate to say it but I dont think Paypal is responsible. Hopefully they can track down the fake buyer for you though, chances are this person probably made more then one purchase and picked those items up in person as well. You should write down what you remember about the person before you forget anything that you may want to tell the police if it comes to that.

Or maybe I just watch to many cop shows.
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #18
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

sort of on the subject, just recieved a spoof email today from payapl, asking me to verify my account. Ba$tard$, how do they get away with this
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #19
Scion
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elessar
That sucks big time and the buyer is a real pr**k for doing that to you. One question though. Why didn't you insist on cash if he collected it from you personally?
Asking for cash is a good idea, or if the buyer does not want to carry cash you can meet at a bank. If they want to use paypal so they can charge it to their credit card I guess you could take a photo of them.
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #20
fossa

This is NOT a scam. This EXACT thing happened to me. And guess what, not only am I out $200 (*IF* I decide to pay Pay Pal back for the charge dispute with my cc), but Pay Pal is going to "teach me a lesson" by not refunding me my money because I did not ship with a tracking number. My account is now limited, and I am NOT going to pay them, so they will eventually close my PP account and never allow me to use their service again.

Some people know how to use the system, and not only do they get the item but they get their money back, too, and f***ing Pay Pal penalizes you for not shipping with a tracking number. I was on the phone with a PP guy 2 days ago about my problem and he WOULD NOT make an exception. Like I said, he wanted to "teach me a lesson"...like I am 2 years old or something. You would think they would allow you one screw up, but instead they let the idiots who know how to mess with their system win and not admit that THEY have screwed up.