Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #11
Tony_Bacala
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa
So you made all these improvements. Great. But are they interfering with the viewing of picture attachments on the site? That is still a problem. Is it being resolved?
Attachments are back on for now.

As the server gets busier with Statue Forum Growing, along with the other sites on it, things may need to be curbed. Things like attachments are the first to go.

Compensation has been made on a server level to keep things running smooth (somewhat), so the changes made the other day have been restored.

For future reference, these types of things may have to be turned off again later depending on situations.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #12
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I never noticed you before Tony are you by any chance the developer of the site?
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I would hate to see the forum get too spread out. Sometimes more ISN'T better. Rather than do everything a little, you should stick to focusing on a few things and do THAT well. JMO.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I actually think the chat room will remove alot of the nonsense threads that are created. I hope so anyway.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #15
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171
Looks familiar........
yes, your sarcasm was noted. it is familiar. like other forums (many of them) that have chat rooms, it takes up a huge amount of bandwidth. as i mentioned in another thread, we used 2000 gigs last month. that's quite a bit. if you really want to know who it is based on, go to tfw2005.com. that's my boy's forum. he's had the largest transformers forum for years. so all these statue forums that you have seen did not exist when he was running his. i met him when i was producing the transformers. we've had the chat room capability since we started, it was just a matter of when to put it up. we didn't want the chat room to draw members into that and not post.

the gallery is a software that i purchased that was created to work directly with this software which my boy uses as well.

tony bacala is the programmer. you will rarely see him post since he runs his own site (mentioned above). he has been doing forums and news sites for years. the only reason that we opened a chat room was to get some of the waste posts done there (like bullseye mentioned).
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #16
P1X4R
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171
Looks familiar........
each site adds their own uniqueness in many forms which is often built from a base software. i've seen lots of sites that look like many other sites but what distinguishes those popular sites is how expanded they have become by adding their own style. it's great to see this feature here. another evolution in an already great place to converse with other collectors!
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #17
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
I actually think the chat room will remove alot of the nonsense threads that are created. I hope so anyway.
yeah. i think they should start deleting some of those threads. especially the GORE thread
Old 05-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #18
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Thanks Drod for letting this forum grow
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #19
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa
yeah. i think they should start deleting some of those threads. especially the GORE thread
Oh man, that would be a catastrophe to some peoples post counts
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #20
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

As far as the changes, I'm not into the chat rooms so much (being on the west coast, by the time I'm able to chat its 2AM on the east coast ), but I really like the gallery idea. I may have to get an adamantium membership now...
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote