Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 08-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #51
Doorknob
Frackin!

I tried the technique of the guy who was anal about his statues and wouldn't even hold parts of his collection in his hands without taking his rings off first: luke-warm water. I did improvise, because there are no make up brushes around anywhere. I used a two-sided sponge. The one with the rough side and the smooth side. Ofcourse only the smooth side was used, but I had to take off some serious grime from cigarette smoke (guilty) and dust. Worked perfectly fine. Had totally forgotten how vibrant the colors of my Kotobukiya/Banpresto collection were. Amazing!

EDIT: My god. It has been almost a decade since the last post. Oh wow. Technique still works fine though.

Last edited by Doorknob; 08-02-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Hadn't realized how long it's been
Doorknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #52
md99
Fantastic Four

I took a blusher brush to my Dark Knight 1:1 bust and it left a noticeable sheen across the bat logo on the chest

Apparently I should have used an anti-static brush?
md99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #53
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Before this thread, I thought the Detolf would protect from dust and compressed air would work. Is the Besta better at keeping dust off pieces?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #54
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have a few resin statues from First 4 Figures that I have really neglected and probably built up about 1-2 years of dust. It's made, for example, the Star Fox Arwing kind of sticky and when I wipe it with a black microfiber cloth, some of the black fabric got stuck on the white (the paint color of the Arwing). Even dampening the microfiber cloth and wiping it doesn't get the black fiber out now. Any ideas on how to resolve? Many thanks in advance.

And yes, I recognize the necessity of glass doors now on display shelves.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #55
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I have a few resin statues from First 4 Figures that I have really neglected and probably built up about 1-2 years of dust. It's made, for example, the Star Fox Arwing kind of sticky and when I wipe it with a black microfiber cloth, some of the black fabric got stuck on the white (the paint color of the Arwing). Even dampening the microfiber cloth and wiping it doesn't get the black fiber out now. Any ideas on how to resolve? Many thanks in advance.

And yes, I recognize the necessity of glass doors now on display shelves.
I remember on the Bowen Designs website, it said you could was with water mixed with a tiny bit of dish soap.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #56
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I remember on the Bowen Designs website, it said you could was with water mixed with a tiny bit of dish soap.
Thanks a lot for the that reference. I tried a baby wipe on the statue it and it seem to wipe away a lot of the grime. Might’ve been a bad idea since the ingredients is a chemical soup haha. But so far I haven’t noticed any paint being eroded. But I guess time will tell.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #57
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, I think I've heard of people washing them in the tub or what not. Kind of freaks me out thinking about it, but if it doesn't hurt anything... Liking the name btw...that's a throwback.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #58
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Use Magik.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote