Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #21
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Reasons like this why I don't collect much anymore. Paranoia.

And also why I think this world needs to be nuked for a do-over
The same thing would end up happening again.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #22
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I sort of question how he's valuing what was taken.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #23
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

He needs to look at his friends. These people knew that he had security cameras in the room, and knew to cut the power to disable them.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #24
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
That's just wrong. People are just willing to stoop so low for a buck now :
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #25
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Hmm wonder if he had other rooms with Collectibles because it's crazy thinking he had $75,000 there in that room but like he said if he had just a few older comics signed by Stan lee than they could come up to that amount pretty quick! But hopefully he had them insured! Only thing to do is have police and yourself look up all your items on Craigslist / eBay ect and try to find your missing pieces! But as this thief probably knew of their worth I doubt they would be dumb enough to put them up! Most likely will be sold underground!

That brings me up to a very important topic! Get your collections insured people! Seriously, even if you only have 5-10 figures if they are worth that much to you to right thing and get them insured ! Think if someone came in and stole all of our Collectibles 90% or more are long sold out and to get your collections again could cost you 4-5 x as much if you are when able to find the Collectibles or art pieces you had!

It's very sad day for him and collectors as a whole! Please take a few minutes of silence for all the Collectibles that lost their owners home! And say a prayer for him to get his collectible family back!

Anyone know the best and most affordable place to insure our items?? We're getting ours done very soon !

God Bless,

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #26
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Hmm wonder if he had other rooms with Collectibles because it's crazy thinking he had $75,000 there in that room but like he said if he had just a few older comics signed by Stan lee than they could come up to that amount pretty quick! But hopefully he had them insured! Only thing to do is have police and yourself look up all your items on Craigslist / eBay ect and try to find your missing pieces! But as this thief probably knew of their worth I doubt they would be dumb enough to put them up! Most likely will be sold underground!

That brings me up to a very important topic! Get your collections insured people! Seriously, even if you only have 5-10 figures if they are worth that much to you to right thing and get them insured ! Think if someone came in and stole all of our Collectibles 90% or more are long sold out and to get your collections again could cost you 4-5 x as much if you are when able to find the Collectibles or art pieces you had!

It's very sad day for him and collectors as a whole! Please take a few minutes of silence for all the Collectibles that lost their owners home!

Anyone know the best and most affordable place to insure our items?? We're getting ours done very soon !

Sarah
Agree. it's a quick thing to do and will protect you in the long run. Most here spend more on a statue or two than what the insurance would cost. There is no excuse not to get your collection insured.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #27
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

A shame indeed. Paranoid about mine now. You would kill yourself getting in and out of my house though. Some people need to be skinned for this though.

I hope he finds his collection.
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #28
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I sort of question how he's valuing what was taken.
Ditto. I question an insurance motive myself. He wouldn't be the first collector to over extend himself. I obviously haven't seen the entire scene but why break the window? No one is getting through the bars... Also moving out bulky and cumbersome collectibles is a grossly high risk behavior for the thieves to undertake in a residential neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
He needs to look at his friends. These people knew that he had security cameras in the room, and knew to cut the power to disable them.
I agree 110%. To put your minds at ease I can tell you that collectibles is one of the last things that thieves will generally take in a break and enter. Basically they have little liquidity and are easily traceable due to their unique nature. In all honesty, at worst, they take a single item that they want for personal use.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 02-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #29
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Agree. it's a quick thing to do and will protect you in the long run. Most here spend more on a statue or two than what the insurance would cost. There is no excuse not to get your collection insured.
I don't know about the subtleties of insurance in different countries or with different companies but I looked into it and was pleasantly surprised to find out that mine was covered by my homeowners policy. Or at least the max payout amount far exceeds the value of the collection and everything else we own.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #30
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

damn, that sucks.
items can add up fast. and items can increase in value with signatures by artists or celebrities. specially if they are OOAK.

where can one go to insure their collectibles though?

it would be a good idea. and what does something like that cost?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote