Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2019, 12:59 AM   #341
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Wow on this Cable! Going back to the comic style is what we should see more of from Sideshow. I do see some proportion issues (dafuq small head) but more images could clear that up.
I’m normally critical of anatomy but the small head is pure early 90s Liefeld Cable. I’m for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Awesome looking statue. It’s basically the Cable of the ‘90s, the one I first came to like. The pouches, the shoulder pads, the big guns, and important to me, the hairstyle.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
This price circlejerk is becoming annoying
It’s been annoying, but some people love to do it. Price guessing so far has worked to nobody’s advantage, but what can we do?
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #342
FJC
Midnighter

Loving this PF! Such a great 90's feel to the piece. Love the pose, portrait, and colors of the statue. I'm so glad that Sideshow didn't sideshowify the hell out of this PF. I only wish they would've done something like this for Deathstroke. Not a big fan of Cable with a cape so hopefully it can be displayed without it. If the price isn't out of hand, I'll definitely be POing this.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #343
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post

Tough to choose, both are awesome! I would agree that SS's head's a bit too small, but I'd be lying if I said one "owns" the other.
Honestly, I personally never liked the XM Cable. From portrait to costume design. Everything about it just felt off to me. This PF just nails the character as I remember him in the 90's. I've got to commend sideshow for getting this piece right. All the work put into this paid off. I hope this is what we continue to see more of in the future with other characters. It's so nice to see statues not sideshowified to death and become an easy pass for me.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #344
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The SS one is maybe more accurate to the comic, I give you that, but I always hated the Rob Lebfield style and it's what I see when I see that the statue: bulky body and tiny head.
I much prefer the style of the XM, even if it's not accurate.
The pose has a better feeling to it, I prefer the mechanical arm and the headsculpt is better.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #345
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
The SS one is maybe more accurate to the comic, I give you that, but I always hated the Rob Lebfield style and it's what I see when I see that the statue: bulky body and tiny head.
The pose has a better feeling to it, I prefer the mechanical arm and the headsculpt is better.
To each their own. Nice to have choices. The XM is a good fit for you while the PF hits all the right notes for me. Everyone's happy.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #346
Oak
Fantastic Four

The XM statue is super nice. Very detailed. If the SS Cable looks as good from all angles as it does from the preview pic and if the base is somewhat decent, i will probably like the SS version more (though naturally I will need to see it in person to verify that). Similar to why I prefer the Retro Bowen Cable over the Modern Bowen Cable, independent of ES. I just like the styling and artistry more. Ultimately they are both amazing pieces that are good representations of the character.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #347
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
. It not extreme when all I read for three pages is what the stupid price is going be?
But if we don't mention price, what are we going to talk about for the next year, just the artistic merits of the statue?

Note, I am being sarcastic.

To me, pricing talks are a small but fun part of the boards. Some folks get REAL excited about it but others choose to ignore it. There is an ebb and flow to these threads especially when the wait times are (unfortunately) months between preview and actual delivery of the product.

Besides, we'll know next week all about the pricing for this statue when SSC tells us. Can't we have a little fun for 4-5 days?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #348
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Things like prices are the difference between buying and not of course. It guages very much. For example: Cable will be in the high 600's I believe. 50/50 for me. Need more info, but I like what I see.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #349
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't mind people calling out price gouging. For all the talk of details and size, SS raises prices simply because they can and people keep buying anyway. Sad what an exclusive license will do when there's no competition.

It gets to be a heated topic because more and more fans are getting priced out of a hobby they're passionate about. And that does suck. And there needs to be outrage to HOPEFULLY slow all these price hikes. I've already felt this hobby's costs conflict with life necessities, so count me among those -----ing and complaining.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #350
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
You hate the Liefeld style? He, literally, invented the character.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote