Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #3551
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
There's no maybe about, this line is dead.

I honestly don't think Tweeterhead would risk making a $500, ultra detailed 1/5 scale statue of say Man at Arms or Trapjaw in case they don't sell, they aren't as big of a company as Sideshow so they won't be able to adsorb the losses as well
What makes you think that sideshow has taken any losses on this line so far? They've sold out of every one of them nearly, with the last two down to final stock, and I would think they would make the runs large enough to be profitable on the project. Are you saying that if Sideshow sells out of every single one they make of a character, they're still losing money on that figure? Just curious.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #3552
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
What makes you think that sideshow has taken any losses on this line so far? They've sold out of every one of them nearly, with the last two down to final stock, and I would think they would make the runs large enough to be profitable on the project. Are you saying that if Sideshow sells out of every single one they make of a character, they're still losing money on that figure? Just curious.

I wasn't suggesting that SS have previously taken losses, I'm just speculating that if they have dragged their feet on the line and now abandoned it completely and passed it onto another company that would suggest to me that it wasn't exactly profitable, if it was then we would be 10+ characters deep into this line by now.
So if Tweeterhead now decide to release a Trap-Jaw for example in this super detailed style with an environmental base in 1/5 scale, based on todays prices this will be around $500+, which I think would be a bit risky for them if he doesn't sell well as opposed to a bigger company like SS who could handle it if it didn't sell well.

I'm a huge MOTU fan but I don't know if I'd pay $500+ for Trapjaw as I never really got on board with the art style SS used, my preference for MOTU statues would be the style in the Alex Ross print, detailed but pure classic design.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:21 PM   #3553
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Yeah yeah, that all does make sense. I'm pretty new to the big scale stuff so I'm not sure how this industry works yet. I just put in my first pre order for a 1/4 scale figure ever, is also my first purchase through sideshow. So... cautiously optimistic?

Also, sweet pic. I like Masters in the universe the way I like GI Joe, there's just so many fun larger than life personalities that makes the universe interesting.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #3554
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I have no doubt this is a profitable series - I argue SS has too many other licenses to do it justice. Like a kid downing a liter a cola their attention just jumps to the next shiny thing. Tweeterhead seems eager to run with this license so the delay could be on Mattel's side. I encourage fans of this statue series to use social media. Message both companies asking for more product.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #3555
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
I have no doubt this is a profitable series - I argue SS has too many other licenses to do it justice. Like a kid downing a liter a cola their attention just jumps to the next shiny thing. Tweeterhead seems eager to run with this license so the delay could be on Mattel's side. I encourage fans of this statue series to use social media. Message both companies asking for more product.

Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #3556
Sandman585
Hydra

Orko is great. I really want to keep adding to this collection. SS and Tweeterhead need to keep this line going.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8892.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	119449  
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #3557
nearmint
Phoenix

These pieces really look nice together.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:05 AM   #3558
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Yea this line is really amazing and I hope Tweeterhead will produce more statues and will show at least some teasers from prototypes soon
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #3559
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

More under the Impression Side Show is Back Logged and Realizing it needs to step back. Sorta what Prime 1 is now doing. a ---- ton of stuff as eye candy however its all in production for being released rather then finished.

TH would not have an active prototype to show off either if it was a completely dead end line. Was stated in the video upfront.. once has the green light they can show off a final product right then and there .. and hinting more then one. where as he should be say if gotten the green light it will be "X" amount of time before the next prototype.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #3560
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
TMNT
G.I. Joe
Transformers
MOTU
would be cool licenses in 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Indeed Transformers as well. Those 2 would be fantastic!
Heck yeah for Transformers, also Silverhawks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Not trying to derail the thread as I realize it's mainly MotU, but wouldn't Transformers in 1/10 be huge?
Yeah XM TF's are 1/10 and they are huge. I assume everyone is referring to the standard human 1/10 size and whatever scale that would translate to for Transformers. Kinda like how Prime 1 and PCS call their TF's 1/4 and 1/3 when we all know that isn't true.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote