Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #1341
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I don't get these signed statues he has now. Isn't the metal plate a Sideshow exclusive? I thought they were sold out? Also it says on the site that the signature is$20, yet they have the statues listed for $450. Shouldn't they be $300 +20 then?
MSRP is $300 they can charge whatever they feel they can get. The $20 is the added value to anything he signs. If you see him at a show, he will charge you $20
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #1342
Venetica
Doh!

" No exchange, refunds or returns on 'FairyTale Fantasies® 'The Little Mermaid' statues - SIGNED' orders."

---- that.
Venetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:57 PM   #1343
qz33
Doctor Doom

I've really been becoming increasingly disappointed in Campbell.
Maybe his love life has been getting in the way but this past year seems like one of the laziest cash grabs ever.

He's given up on new prints, hasn't released a new sketch or art book, not even a peep of the calendar promised 3 years ago and just keeps pumping variant covers.
I haven't bought a variant cover for years, it's the scourge of comic collecting. Just such a worthless medium. I know it brings money so I don't blame him for doing it but it being all he does is just sad.

That and autographs and rehashed prints for Sideshow's statues.
He sure IG posts from a lot from Disney and fun stuff he does. I think one of his daughters goes to school in France? Nice to know what all his fans are paying for. Seems like a rich life for a comic artist. Maybe things will get better once he settles down from his marriage but I doubt it.

A $150 markup for a signature that will never be seen is silly and plain greedy. Yeah some people might flip them but I guess if there is any money left for others else he isn't doing it right. Gonna be a painful wakeup call for a lot of people that buy a lot of his variants when they are literally valueless one day. He's really following in the footsteps of this entire industry.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #1344
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Maybe his love life has been getting in the way but this past year seems like one of the laziest cash grabs ever.

He's given up on new prints, hasn't released a new sketch or art book, not even a peep of the calendar promised 3 years ago and just keeps pumping variant covers.
I haven't bought a variant cover for years, it's the scourge of comic collecting. Just such a worthless medium. I know it brings money so I don't blame him for doing it but it being all he does is just sad.

He sure IG posts from a lot from Disney and fun stuff he does. I think one of his daughters goes to school in France? Nice to know what all his fans are paying for. Seems like a rich life for a comic artist. Maybe things will get better once he settles down from his marriage but I doubt it.

A $150 markup for a signature that will never be seen is silly and plain greedy. Yeah some people might flip them but I guess if there is any money left for others else he isn't doing it right. Gonna be a painful wakeup call for a lot of people that buy a lot of his variants when they are literally valueless one day. He's really following in the footsteps of this entire industry.
Do you blame him? I just won’t buy the statues from him.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #1345
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
Do you blame him? I just won’t buy the statues from him.
Like I said in the post I blame him for what all else he isn't doing not what he is.

I blame him for not making an effort and a bit for not leaving something for others. Charging hundreds for variant covers is just going to ultimately lead to disappointed and embittered fans. The few times I have I've never paid over cover price for a variant cover so I guess I just don't get it.

He's made a good living the way he has done business in the past so why can't he do that along with this?

Maybe though it's the greed of the fans that has enabled the greed of the businesses and artists and it'll end.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #1346
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

I’ve got to agree. It does feel like a lot of what he is doing is a cash-grab. Of course he has to make money and he can charge whatever he wants for his own stuff it just feels like he is over-saturating (variants of his own variants with minor changes) and overpricing a lot of his stuff. I’m just disappointed because I still really like his art.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:58 AM   #1347
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
MSRP is $300 they can charge whatever they feel they can get. The $20 is the added value to anything he signs. If you see him at a show, he will charge you $20
At conventions he will sign the first item you bring for free and then $20 for each addtional item. I had him sign the Little Mermaid metal print at NY comic con and he signed it for free.
If i see him at another convention i may bring the base to get signed.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #1348
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Belle the next Fairytale Fantasy statue?

https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...eid=38cf6debfc

All of the prints labeled "Statue Design" are currently either in the pipeline or released except for the Beauty and the Beast...

Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #1349
qz33
Doctor Doom

Maybe not next but I sure hope it gets made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
No, it does not. Because Sideshow has already shown us that the next one is Cinderella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vykk Draygo View Post
Belle the next Fairytale Fantasy statue?

https://jscottcampbell.com/collectio...eid=38cf6debfc

All of the prints labeled "Statue Design" are currently either in the pipeline or released except for the Beauty and the Beast...
Old 12-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #1350
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Nice looking FAPtue there.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote