Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Worth the wait, I think Joe redeemed himself in my eyes.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #22
jusko911
Frackin!

I don't phone anything in. That's why I wouldn't start it until I knew I had enough time to do the job properly. I take pride in my work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
I found myself wondering if Jusko was going to phone it in after being called out on his tardiness. Guess I got my answer, cause that's a ROCKIN' piece!
jusko911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #23
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusko911 View Post
I don't phone anything in. That's why I wouldn't start it until I knew I had enough time to do the job properly. I take pride in my work.
And it shows, Joe. This is as badass as anything you've done for publication. Quality through and through. I've enjoyed seeing a little of your process also. It's an incredible piece.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #24
jusko911
Frackin!

Means a lot! THANKS! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
And it shows, Joe. This is as badass as anything you've done for publication. Quality through and through. I've enjoyed seeing a little of your process also. It's an incredible piece.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #25
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusko911 View Post
Means a lot! THANKS! :-)
Keep rockin, Joe.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #26
daikins
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Joe- There is no doubt that you take pride in your work. It is breathtaking. You just need to apply that pride to the business side of it. You have to realize that saying "That's why I wouldn't start it until I knew I had enough time to do the job properly. I take pride in my work." is not a great explaination for the situation. We all want to root for you. We all think very highly of your art.You've just got to realize that your work goes hand in hand with you reputation as a professional. Take pride in it all and don't sabotage your reputation with situations like this. You're too good for that.
daikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #27
jusko911
Frackin!

Dude, I appreciate the comments, but this was one commission, and an anomaly. I wouldn't have lasted 30 years without being professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikins View Post
Joe- There is no doubt that you take pride in your work. It is breathtaking. You just need to apply that pride to the business side of it. You have to realize that saying "That's why I wouldn't start it until I knew I had enough time to do the job properly. I take pride in my work." is not a great explaination for the situation. We all want to root for you. We all think very highly of your art.You've just got to realize that your work goes hand in hand with you reputation as a professional. Take pride in it all and don't sabotage your reputation with situations like this. You're too good for that.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
jusko911
Frackin!

Here's a La of Opar and Red Sonja piece I'd love to see as statues, too. :-)

http://tinyurl.com/cpya92 NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/cgywxu
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #29
daikins
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sure thing. It's just crazy these days how an anomaly can spread online into someone more then that. Anyway, it's actually none of my business, so I'll shut my yap...

Boy, was it great to see the pictures of your process on this! Beautiful trees! Beautiful work!
daikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
jusko911
Frackin!

I appreciate that. For the record, I owned responsibility
for the situation when it first arose here so all things considered both the client and I see it as a dead issue now. Glad you like he piece. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikins View Post
Sure thing. It's just crazy these days how an anomaly can spread online into someone more then that. Anyway, it's actually none of my business, so I'll shut my yap...

Boy, was it great to see the pictures of your process on this! Beautiful trees! Beautiful work!