Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-17-2017, 04:18 AM   #171
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
So I 've been looking at her and I think the paint up is really pretty good for a factory job, especially the base. Just curious what everyone doesn't like about her? Is it the mundane mono-color of the clothing and beads or skin tone or what?

It is a pen and ink drawing so of course colors and what not are open to interpretation but I really think this looks pretty good.
You just said it: "for a factory job" and that's my issue with it I suppose...
Since I saw that slave-girl repaint from the other thread, my perspective on how a good paint job is supposed to be changed forever unfortunately
I will agree with you though that the base is fantastic so no complaints there.
I am personally more concerned about the face (lifeless two-dimentional eyes & lips) and about the less-than clean paint up of the clothes and accessories where they meet with the skin- at least on my statue.
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #172
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSoldier View Post
You just said it: "for a factory job" and that's my issue with it I suppose...
Since I saw that slave-girl repaint from the other thread, my perspective on how a good paint job is supposed to be changed forever unfortunately
I will agree with you though that the base is fantastic so no complaints there.
I am personally more concerned about the face (lifeless two-dimentional eyes & lips) and about the less-than clean paint up of the clothes and accessories where they meet with the skin- at least on my statue.
I started getting pro paint jobs on some things a few years ago and yeah it is worse than crack. You get so you feel like you need them. I have probably 30 pro paint ups and if I could I would repaint them all.

Of the stuff I have now that I think could use a pro paint job I would start with Conan the Brutal. But not in the budget at the moment.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #173
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I keep wanting some paintups, but those darn preorders wont give me a break! lol. Thinking of trying a few things myself.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #174
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I hope to receive mine this week, so I can form a better opinion. But looking at the photos the only thing I would improve are the eyelashes and eyebrows, like in your Barbarian slave girl.
I got mine (#41/50) today and I must say that it looks even better in real life. Especially the face and eyes are better looking than in the photos. I am happy.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote