Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-21-2017, 07:25 PM   #21
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Ordered...

Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #22
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm not defending P1, but I don't understand how some of you guys can jump on them for this, yet give praise to other companies that do the same thing.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #23
strife87
Spider-Ham

I kind of like the color scheme, like a winter camo Batman. He could be displayed with Mr Freeze.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #24
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No Accessories?
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #25
Xaerius
The Herculoids

If all three color schemes would have been put up for order at the same time, I think I would have picked this white one as I like it the best although I would have preferred the red accents from the black one to be a blue color on this one instead of the dull tone that they used.

Both the Black and the Gold editions had 2 head sculpts as well as 5 switch out arms but this one only has the extra head sculpt.

I want to order it but I'd feel kind of ripped off in that regard. I will wait a few more hours and see how I feel in the morning.

In any case it looks VERY COOL in this color so congrats to those of you who get one.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #26
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
If all three color schemes would have been put up for order at the same time, I think I would have picked this white one as I like it the best although I would have preferred the red accents from the black one to be a blue color on this one instead of the dull tone that they used.

Both the Black and the Gold editions had 2 head sculpts as well as 5 switch out arms but this one only has the extra head sculpt.

I want to order it but I'd feel kind of ripped off in that regard. I will wait a few more hours and see how I feel in the morning.

In any case it looks VERY COOL in this color so congrats to those of you who get one.
I agree, if you knew upfront that there would be variants like this for the piece, I think that's more fair. Considering the price and the limited nature of these collectibles, they should be announcing how many they are making from the outset. I know they can't always know how many pieces they will make for a line of characters, but this is the same statue being made over and over again. I'd be upset if I had bought the original and then the gold came out, or got the gold then this one came out.

I also agree blue accents and eyes would look better. Or red eyes. If I had to pick, I would either get the gold or this white one, but it would be a tough choice, the gold one has better (red) eyes. I think overall the pose and lack of switchouts hurts this piece. I'm trying to save for the samurai Batman from XM, as it has a Batman Beyond type configuration. If it wasn't for that one, I would be all over this piece.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #27
WolverineFan
I am da law!

The first thing I thought when I seen this variant was who would possibly buy this for $1000. Sorry for anyone who loves it but I doubt there is many of you lol. Prime 1 is really milking it.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #28
Mister H
Green Goblin

Hopefully it will pre-sell out quickly. The more I look at it, the more I like it, I'm a sucker for Bats.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #29
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I agree, if you knew upfront that there would be variants like this for the piece, I think that's more fair. Considering the price and the limited nature of these collectibles, they should be announcing how many they are making from the outset...
I absolutely agree! It would have been nice to know right from the start what colours this was going to be released in. I was going to say that maybe they didn't know it was going to be such a hit but I remember the black version being the number one statue when it was first showcased; almost everyone absolutely loved it.

I'm going to cave in and order this one and will figure out how to pay for it later; release date is over 1 year away. !@#$ Looks like I just crossed the new Red Sonja and Bloodborne Hunter off my list...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #30
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hopefully it will pre-sell out quickly. The more I look at it, the more I like it, I'm a sucker for Bats.
objectively it's a cool looking piece. this all comes down to personal taste and display space. For me personally the latter is filling up fast LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote