Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 11-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #91
Statuesque Fellow
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Does anyone even really care about this character?? It was your typical image/top cow throwaway character and series. Like a lot of image titles, 3 issues came out and it disapeared. I think Finch drew the first two and the third was drawn by some hack, then bang...no more issues materialized.
Statuesque Fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #92
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuesque Fellow
Does anyone even really care about this character?? It was your typical image/top cow throwaway character and series. Like a lot of image titles, 3 issues came out and it disapeared. I think Finch drew the first two and the third was drawn by some hack, then bang...no more issues materialized.
Obviously enough people care since the sculpt constantly hits the $450 - $500 range... besides why did you post in this thread to start your BS when its obvious that even collectors on here like the character????

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #93
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I don't care about the character necessarily, but I just love the look of the statues.
The Magdalena and Soulfire Grace Statues look fantastic, so if any new statues are
comparable to them, I'll definitely be picking them up.

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #94
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What js said, than again I would never pay what she's going for now.
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #95
wyattburp
Frackin!

I totally dug the comics. The statue seems to attract a much wider range of collectors than those that read the comic.

Top Cow would be pretty dumb to not bring her back in some sort of series... she has a pretty good following from the 5-issue series that happened so long ago.
wyattburp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #96
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Well, I've never read a single Fathom, Soufire featuring Grace or Aphrodite IX book, but the quality of these statues is what makes me want them.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #97
Statuesque Fellow
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Really? One of my requirements is I must like the character. That's one of my own policies/line I draw that keeps me from buying too much.
Statuesque Fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:33 PM   #98
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Really? One of my requirements is I must like the character. That's one of my own policies/line I draw that keeps me from buying too much.
Me, too...but once in a while I will make an exception. These are pieces of art, and if a statue is really nice, its origins don't matter to me. I don't own Aphrodite IX by the way. I may buy the AP. Depends on what it looks like.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:47 PM   #99
risingstar
Jedi Order

The babe statues by Moore tend to do well... Very few statue companies are as able to combine sex appeal, detailed sculpting, and paint jobs in as captivating a manner. In this regard, Moore is superior to BD.

If a babe statue looks good, it'll sell. How good the book is doesn't always play a key role in the sales of the statue. I didn't even know who Magdalena and Aphrodite IX were until I noticed those cool looking sculpts. I liked the Magdalena enough to get it.

I picked up the occasional Magdalena book. Did little for me. However, I still consider the Magdalena one of my favorite looking statues. I can appreciate the artwork of a piece even if the present writers on the book should be writing Power Pack. JMO
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #100
COI

Quote:
For me, It's 90% about the quality of the sculpt. The line I draw is having a high standard for which sculpts I will put into my collection.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote