Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #5511
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Handowan View Post
Great pics Rainy. I have also received my Magneto a few weeks ago. However, upon inspecting the statue I have noticed that there is an unusal large gap between the suit and the collar piece of the statue.

Taking a look at your pictures, there is a huge difference. Not only is your collar piece sitting much closer to the V-shaped bars, there are also no "texture" holes between the upper end of the suit and the collar.
That's one hell of an eagle eye to catch something like that on the collar. I see what you're talking about and that's a pretty unfortunate discrepancy to try and hide. Unless other collectors have the same thing going on with theirs, I'd say there's no ----ing way that's a variation of what others have. I just checked out mine and it is perfect, thankfully. Let's hope XM can change their mind and resolve this for you. What's gonna suck is if they can take this back to fix it, you can count on never seeing your Magneto replacement for a very long time.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #5512
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Yeah that sucks pretty bad. At first I thought you were crazy...but I can now see what you mean.. Quite honestly...that does not look like a simple fix. That looks like you will need a completely new statue IMO. it would take a lot of strength to pop that part off at the collar...relower it, then repaint it again. Ouch. Feel sorrry for you on that dude.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #5513
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Also Mace, instead of taking close up pics that the camera will magnify so we can see....take a pic of the statue from standard 3-6 feet viewing distance. I'd like to see what it looks like. I'll be honest, that is something I would never have noticed, or if I did notice it, I would have thought that is normal.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #5514
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Handowan View Post
Mine is the upper one. These "texture" holes were added afterwards as these are normally not there, at least I never seen them on other pieces where pictures were posted on these Boards. Take a closer look at the V-shaped bars. The one on mine are way longer as there was some additional length "added". You can also see the huge gap when you compare the distance between the clasps on the left and right side to the collar piece. On Rainy's piece, these sit flush with respect to the collar, on mine there is a considerable gap. I mean: Come on, they added some additional holes and they did not do a good job there either if I might say so...
Well, I just checked mine and there is actually about a 1mm (or less) gap between the collar and the top of the "V". But, they didn't attempt to add texture and cover it up. To be honest, I would have never noticed unless I read your post. I think I'm ok with it as-is, though.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #5515
AlizAbef

Well I stand corrected. Seeing Bmutha's I guess there are variations of how flush the collar sits on some pieces. Although with Bmutha's, it's really difficult to spot unless you're truly looking for a mandatory mistake.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #5516
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Mine's just about the same as Bmutha's.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #5517
AlizAbef

Here's a shot of mine:

Old 10-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #5518
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Well I stand corrected. Seeing Bmutha's I guess there are variations of how flush the collar sits on some pieces. Although with Bmutha's, it's really difficult to spot unless you're truly looking for a mandatory mistake.
Well, like I said, I would never have noticed it. Doesn't really bother me to be honest. But, I think the attempted repair that was done on the piece above makes it stand out a bit more.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 PM   #5519
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Well, I just checked mine and there is actually about a 1mm (or less) gap between the collar and the top of the "V". But, they didn't attempt to add texture and cover it up. To be honest, I would have never noticed unless I read your post. I think I'm ok with it as-is, though.

Damn! That custom head is so awesome! Just wow!!!!! I'm a huge jim lee fan this head will be mine. It sets this statue to new heights imo. Really does.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #5520
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post

That is exactly the point. If the gap would have been slightly larger with no changes to the V-shaped bars and no added holes I would also have been OK with it. However, the whole piece was severely altered by doing this and it is slso clearly visible from a larger distance. I mean: Something is completely wrong here. A few months ago XM Studios exchanged complete parts or whole statues that did feature the slightest paint chip or scratch. Now, they are telling me that this added holes and elongated bars are "slight variations"?! Come on, someone invested quite some time to cover these flaws up and one can clearly see this: The holes vary in placement and are not nearly as uniform as the molded ones, the V-shaped bars even change the angle now. Instead of tilting slightly to the outside, they go straight up at the end for about 1mm. In my opinion, this piece should have never left XM Studios in the first place, especially when they check each piece by themselves. The fact alone that it was heavily altered clearly marks this as "not good enough". Talking about "slight variations" in such a case is something I would have never expected from XM Studios, that is the standard answer from another well know statue company. In my eyes, this is completely unnacceptable!
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote