Reg - 2 heads & 2 beads with no light up feature ES TBD $475 18 33.33%
Classic EX - 1 head and light up feature $475 ES 250 5 9.26%
Deluxe EX. Same as reg option plus light up feature $600 ES 250 3 5.56%
Ultimate Ex. All the bells an whistles $1k ES 500 28 51.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

i would have been in today if there was an option with the 3S and SF IV portraits, but theres not and since i dont care for light ups reg it is - at some point, no rush fortunately
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #12
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
What statue came with 6 heads?
This is the only one I know of. 7 total heads and this is it as far as I know.

Seriously why isn't this just 2 statues?

Some sort of combination of Classic (SSFIIT, SFIII, black base) and Modern (SFIV, Lionhead, Flame base) with the extraneous heads and getups spread around as bonuses for enticement to buy both?

Why is PCS antagonizing their customers?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #13
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
None. I don't like the upsell (the discount is nice though) to get a 3S Akuma on a simple black base. I don't like having extra parts I will never display.
I don't care for the 1000+ combined edition size (4 different versions). That's a crap-ton of Akumas, regardless of what combination you display.

Should have been the ultimate(EX) and some version of the retail one where the combined ES didn't exceed 750.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #14
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is the only one I know of. 7 total heads and this is it as far as I know.

Seriously why isn't this just 2 statues?

Some sort of combination of Classic (SSFIIT, SFIII, black base) and Modern (SFIV, SFV, Flame base) with the extraneous heads and getups spread around as bonuses for enticement to buy both?

Why is PCS antagonizing their customers?
The Ultimate Edition is almost perfect as is. It's literally missing one thing to complete two statues!

It's not even complicated. Swap the torso stand for some hips..... Done.

The extra pair of pants is what it is. The factory is already making what, 1,000 sets of pants? I'm sure that for a nominal amount, minus the savings from not producing a torso stand, a second tiny pair of pants could be added.

It's kinda dumb at this point. Someone will just cast the hips (it's not even full legs) and finish the statue.

Imho the second base made the extra hips obligatory.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #15
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
The Ultimate Edition is almost perfect as is. It's literally missing one thing to complete two statues!

It's not even complicated. Swap the torso stand for some hips..... Done.

The extra pair of pants is what it is. The factory is already making what, 1,000 sets of pants? I'm sure that for a nominal amount, minus the savings from not producing a torso stand, a second tiny pair of pants could be added.

It's kinda dumb at this point. Someone will just cast the hips (it's not even full legs) and finish the statue.

Imho the second base made the extra hips obligatory.
I agree. It's a lot of money for just extra parts and not to have 2 statues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Maybe the argument is fitting between the different legs and base...
but 1 pair of legs will already have to match 2 different bases so I can't see the problem...

The offer is to pay the normal price of 2 statues but to only get 1 and some parts? How well you wanna bet that post would go over on FB today?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #17
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
This really makes no sense to me. PCS has been toying around with the idea to sell accessory pieces for a long time.

Most recently with the 1/6 figure discussion. Then they go full blown and do it by offering flame effects for Ken and Energy for Juri.

Then when a statue would truly benefit from some damn hips, it's a total no go, and any discussion of the matter is erased?

Furthermore, it's my opinion that deleting consumer polls isn't really a great look for a company that pioneered in fan interaction in this very forum and others like it.

Overall the Akuma statue is a great looking piece and a great deal. But if you're telling me having a torso stand beats having extra hips allowing for a second full statue display, I'd say you're nuts.

And offering a purchasable P2 Gi to go on the second statue would've been the icing on the cake.

I hope the P/O goes fantastic for PCS. I'm not a fan of the way things have been lately, but I'm still a huge fan of the company.
I was surprised and disappointed that the poll was deleted - I wrote it as a fan that thought the discussion would be at least interesting to have with other fans, and that even an indication from PCS that even just an extra set of hips and pants was possible could help "upsell" the Ultimate edition to fence-sitting collectors such as myself; I'm still surprised that this minor inclusion isn't part of the actual offering.

Now I'm honestly more inclined to just keep my money and put it toward something revealed by P1 at WF in a few days. I still hope preorders today meet or exceed PCS's expectations.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #18
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I don't care for the 1000+ combined edition size (4 different versions). That's a crap-ton of Akumas, regardless of what combination you display.

Should have been the ultimate(EX) and some version of the retail one where the combined ES didn't exceed 750.
Good point, that's a lot of Akumas! Even before we look at the large combined ES, having 4 variants already has the effect, at least for me, of softening the urgency to get this. The non-Ultimate versions, especially the plain retail ver. will pull away sales from the Ultimate.

Seeing that the 1/3 MK Sub and Scorpion are both listed as 'in stock' at the new website, I think my odds are fair to grab the Ultimate down the road. Otherwise, I'm already set with my 1/3s and the LSB. I have enough money tied up with PCS as it is, already.

But congrats to those getting this! I hope to see more 1/4 MM getting the same treatment.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #19
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Think I'm just going to get the classic ex. I like the padded glove more then rope and don't really need the lion head. Now if pcs announced they are going to make extra pants and legs to make 2 Akumas from the ultimate EX, I would buy that instead. Just don't want to pay $120 for extra head and beads

I think the ultimate is going to be a hard sell for 1 statue at 1/4 scale to many collectors out there.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #20
SONICobra
Batman

the nice thing is that they are providing display stands for the additional portraits and torso so they are giving customers an option to display all components if you like. personally speaking i dont care for displaying spare components display base or not so the 2 complete statues in one package would be cool, especially since theyre just about there already
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote