Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #2681
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That Prime 1 Supes is the best officially licensed Superman I've seen. 42 inches of pure awesome for $999 while the Magneto Maquette is $750? Sideshow has a lot of hits but sadly, this Magneto is not quite up to their other pieces like the new Wolverine and Captain America PFs.
They definitely phoned this magneto in comparatively speaking, atleast they did manage to sculpt better portraits than white xm mags, thats a win atleast.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #2682
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
They definitely phoned this magneto in comparatively speaking, atleast they did manage to sculpt better portraits than white xm mags, thats a win atleast.
Yeah that upcoming Wolverine from Sideshow looks to be the definitive yellow costume Wolverine for me. Beats every other officially licensed yellow Wolverine I've seen in my opinion. Every time I look at it on Sideshow's website, it just screams, "Look how awesome I am! Order me!".

Sadly, I just don't get the same feeling with this Magneto but I really want it to. I don't have a purple costume Magneto in my collection and I was really hoping the Sideshow version would be the one.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #2683
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah that upcoming Wolverine from Sideshow looks to be the definitive yellow costume Wolverine for me. Beats every other officially licensed yellow Wolverine I've seen in my opinion. Every time I look at it on Sideshow's website, it just screams, "Look how awesome I am! Order me!".

Sadly, I just don't get the same feeling with this Magneto but I really want it to. I don't have a purple costume Magneto in my collection and I was really hoping the Sideshow version would be the one.
Exactly, sadly i'm probably gonna end up buying it anyways.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #2684
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
No way. That beats this piece on every level.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #2685
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
That thing looks hideous

Just makes your argument sound less credible
How does it make my argument less credible? Please enlighten me.

Prime 1 listened to collector feedback and came out with a sculpted version in less than 1 month.

Sideshow meanwhile said it was too complicated. Slapped a maquette label on and said “take it or leave it.”
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #2686
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.

Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."
Oh but giving him a sculpted cape is way too complicated

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.
Lest we forget that they also increased the size of the portrait, fixed the seam, smoothed out the ribcage and ....most recently they revealed the portrait with the vines painted on and changed it fairly quickly to attachable vines after people complained about that too. P1 are rockstars imo.
I Just wish they made smaller bases lmao
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #2687
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
sculpt is great on the XM piece, but I have no interest in a white turtle neck mags.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #2688
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Lest we forget that they also increased the size of the portrait, fixed the seam, smoothed out the ribcage and ....most recently they revealed the portrait with the vines painted on and changed it fairly quickly to attachable vines after people complained about that too. P1 are rockstars imo.
I Just wish they made smaller bases lmao
agree. P1 has made it a point of incorporating customer feedback. kudos to their team
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #2689
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Way too busy in my opinion. And the X behind him is tacky as hell. “I’m Magneto and I’m now on the X-Men. Look at the giant X behind me if you didn’t get the message!!!!”
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #2690
Amplac
Fantastic Four

With a es of 1250 for the ex, what do you think the total es will be?
Amplac is offline   Reply With Quote