Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #521
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
This sounds like a pain in the ass. Before, I made six payments for the statue. When it came in you guys charged the shipping to my card and the package showed up on my porch. No problem.

How do I make payment to FedEx? Am I going to have to go to the fedex place and pick it up? And you guys get a special rate through FedEx. Is that the rate I will pay or will I pay regular rates?

This seems like it has a lot of potential to really suck.
I am hoping the way it works is once it is ready to ship they print a label and then you get an email from Fed ex with the total for shipping which you then pay Fed Ex direct and then ARH slaps the label on and out it goes.

One big advantage to this would be if someone moves. Since you would get an email pay request right before it ships you will be able to confirm you address is correct.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 PM   #522
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Don't you have 31 ARH statues?

Based on that can't you get a pretty good ball park figure on shipping costs?
Well no I can't. You want to work it out for me?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #523
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think direct pay to shipper for shipping costs is a good idea as long as it is a relatively easy process to go through.

Whenever a company is estimating costs espcially if they don't know the exact size and weight of the package and exact zipcode including the 4 digit supplement it is almost impossible to get it right. And so only two things can happen, either they can underestimate it and end up eating a bunch of shipping costs for which they will get no credit or thanks from the customer. Or they can overestimate it, in which case some customers who notice this will think they are being taken advantage of and at a minimum complain about it and may even demand partial refund.

Shipping should be paid by the customer and I think this is actually a good way to make sure neither party ends up on the wrong side of the fence when it comes to paying for it.
Well I don't know about you but every company I've ever ordered from I've paid shipping, but what this sounds like is you will no longer enjoy the business account discount given to companies that ship multiple items.

Example: I bought a Life size Batman Bust from Sideshow, I paid $52 in shipping, I decided I also wanted the Sold Out Black Version, I bought from another collector, also in California, and I paid $94 in shipping. That's a hell of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
This sounds like a pain in the ass. Before, I made six payments for the statue. When it came in you guys charged the shipping to my card and the package showed up on my porch. No problem.

How do I make payment to FedEx? Am I going to have to go to the fedex place and pick it up? And you guys get a special rate through FedEx. Is that the rate I will pay or will I pay regular rates?

This seems like it has a lot of potential to really suck.
It might.

Quote:
Don't you have 31 ARH statues?

Based on that can't you get a pretty good ball park figure on shipping costs?
No he wouldn't be able to, shipping rates increase all the time, and the discount he normally gets from their business account won't be subtracted.

for all you guys ordering the only helpful thing I can say is if you have another statue in your collection roughly the size of a statue you are currently buying you can plug in that boxes dimensions and the shipping weight on it's label into the FedEx site and and get a quote from ARH's shipping address. It won't be exact but it'll at least give you and idea of what you might be paying under the new policy.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #524
clutch
Sailor Moon

Fk shipping cost is gonna be crazy now.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #525
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Well no I can't. You want to work it out for me?

Ahh. My bad. I did not realize they lost their business account. That would make it tougher.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #526
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Ahh. My bad. I did not realize they lost their business account. That would make it tougher.
Well, I don't think that they "lost" it necessarily, I think it's more just taking the shipping responsibility off their shoulders.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:52 AM   #527
Marcel54
Hellboy

A question about international shipping. Do I have a choice which company ships the statue (USPS, FedEx, UPS, and so on) because I know there are really big differences in shipping costs between those companies.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #528
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
If you are talking about statues that were paid with shipping included, you dont have a legal leg to stand on. Contracts are not changed retroactively.
In their previous TOS I believe it actually mentioned that they could charge for additional shipping if it was over the inctial cost, so it's not a retroactive change. It was actually a pretty terrible idea to get the shipping upfront in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well, I don't think that they "lost" it necessarily, I think it's more just taking the shipping responsibility off their shoulders.
Yeah pmuch this, anyone can have a business account, you don't really lose it. You can get greater discounts at better volume (the default is like 5-10% I think).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #529
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
A question about international shipping. Do I have a choice which company ships the statue (USPS, FedEx, UPS, and so on) because I know there are really big differences in shipping costs between those companies?
Yes. You do now have that option of a shipping company. Our default company for international is USPS as they are the cheapest route. However, if you prefer another company we would be more than happy to ship your order with that company.
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #530
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Isn't it more of a risk to have a COD delivery? Who is liable if a customer doesn't pick it up? I assume the shipping companies will get their money from somewhere. I would think it would be better to send an invoice for the final shipping charges. UPS will not hold packages over a certain size at their UPS stores, and I'm sure the FedEx stores are probably the same. I know it will be next to impossible for me to go to a FedEx hub facility during normal business hours to pick it up.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote