Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #2711
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Yes, the changes has for the most part been positive but the price tag and the change from PF to Maq created a perfect storm for other reasons to be negative towards this piece.

I've pre-order anyways.
Exactly! They did a wonderful thing by going back to make the changes ...only for them to negate it by slapping a Maquette label on it and raising the price.

So absurd ...it just boggles the mind.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #2712
majormaxim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If they had kept the base as simple as possible to keep the "Premium Format" name, and had a more reasonable price, I would've have PO'd this one but as many had already mentioned, the decisions they made really left a bad taste...unfortunately =(
majormaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #2713
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormaxim View Post
If they had kept the base as simple as possible to keep the "Premium Format" name, and had a more reasonable price, I would've have PO'd this one but as many had already mentioned, the decisions they made really left a bad taste...unfortunately =(
IMO, the original base was excellent. It didn't need to be changed. The change to the MAQ label was irritating because it lead to a higher price tag. Honestly, if I was going to order this, I'd get a REG in the aftermarket at a cheaper price. The unmasked head does nothing for me. I really hate the way his hair looks on the unmasked head and I would personally never display it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #2714
AC_808
Hercules

Exactly. If I ever have the urge to get this later, then I’ll just get the REG once it’s on discount.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #2715
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Exactly. If I ever have the urge to get this later, then I’ll just get the REG once it’s on discount.
Yeah, if you don't need or like the EX, just get a REG down the road at a discount.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #2716
Peedi
The Secret Six

For me the pros here outweigh the cons. Im very critical so there’s definitely details I’d change...droopy eyes, goofy hair, gloves are too much, boots are atrocious, etc. But I like this statue. A lot. Overall it comes together well. I still need to order.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #2717
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, if you don't need or like the EX, just get a REG down the road at a discount.
Yup. I got a reg for about $650 through my local dealer. I live in Taiwan. I'd be spending an extra $200 from Sideshow.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #2718
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
250 too many. I will wait for a deal in the aftermarket.
does a deal in the aftermarket still exist? All I keep seeing is ridiculous asking prices.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #2719
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Yup. I got a reg for about $650 through my local dealer. I live in Taiwan. I'd be spending an extra $200 from Sideshow.
IMO, you definitely made the right call. I'm not impressed with the EX portrait and saving money is always a good thing.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #2720
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
does a deal in the aftermarket still exist? All I keep seeing is ridiculous asking prices.
Asking prices are always over inflated as sellers wish for a dummy to come along and take the bait...You'll see the same pieces being re-listed over and over againi with the prices being reduced.... and f you filter ebay searches to actual sold listings...you'll see a different story for a vast majority of the peaces.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote