Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 10-22-2023, 07:53 AM   #11
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
@Billy Talent
That X-23 looks great!!!

My 1st custom arrived broken. I had to bite the bullet at get out the rapid-set-Araldite, and set to work.

For some reason, i decided to blame Customs, as thy had opened the box from the bottom (not the top) and repackage the piece poorly.
The art card was missing (stolen?).

My 2nd custom arrived perfect
My 3rd custom arrived perfect

I have a 4th custom on pre_order. I hope it turns out good. To be honest,
i think i will be done with customs at that point, unless something i really really want comes along.

Hope your 4th arrives safely, same goes for me I am also definitely done, my reason is the outrageous cost.
This is a 1/4 scale and the price was $1020 including $80 shipping
It is very expensive especially considering it's unlicensed, you'd think that unlicensed pieces would cost less
Should have been a 1/3 for that price

Glad I got it but not gonna purchase anymore customs
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 11:08 AM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Hope your 4th arrives safely, same goes for me I am also definitely done, my reason is the outrageous cost.
This is a 1/4 scale and the price was $1020 including $80 shipping
It is very expensive especially considering it's unlicensed, you'd think that unlicensed pieces would cost less
Should have been a 1/3 for that price

Glad I got it but not gonna purchase anymore customs
Only making 75 is why the price isn?t low.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #13
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Only making 75 is why the price isn?t low.
hmm didn't even think of that, that would explain it.
But as a buyer...... as beautiful and cool as this one looks, I would not spent this amount on a custom again.
Old 10-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Custom pieces are often niche in nature as no one else will make them. There is a piece I want desperately made. They need 25 people to want it, and so far have 14. I'll pay over as no one is going to make a Lady Sif 1:4 ever.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 06:38 PM   #15
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
hmm didn't even think of that, that would explain it.
But as a buyer...... as beautiful and cool as this one looks, I would not spent this amount on a custom again.
ok its nice and all you got your statue but you missed something....the point of this thread was that you said the statue went missing....so you want to fill us in on that....like....what happened and all or did it just magically show up on your front porch?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:25 AM   #16
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
ok its nice and all you got your statue but you missed something....the point of this thread was that you said the statue went missing....so you want to fill us in on that....like....what happened and all or did it just magically show up on your front porch?
Item arrived a month too late, contacted the seller and he told me to wait a few more weeks.
then one day it changed from in transit to delivered, I didn't receive anything so I called DPD and they told me it was delivered at my home adress, which wasn't true.
So they started an investigation and contacted the delivery driver and about 10 days I was told he delivered it to someone n the same street but did not remember which house.
So I had go door by door to every home in the street to ask about a package, and finally at number 15 which is the neighbour almost across from me he said he had it.
I was pissed off cause the neighbour didnt even bother letting me know, but best to stay friendly with the people in the neighbourhood,

I cannot stand DPD, from now on I will ask shipping methods if its via DPD then I'm out!
Old 11-03-2023, 06:03 PM   #17
thecollector80

Quote:
Item arrived a month too late, contacted the seller and he told me to wait a few more weeks.
then one day it changed from in transit to delivered, I didn't receive anything so I called DPD and they told me it was delivered at my home adress, which wasn't true.
So they started an investigation and contacted the delivery driver and about 10 days I was told he delivered it to someone n the same street but did not remember which house.
So I had go door by door to every home in the street to ask about a package, and finally at number 15 which is the neighbour almost across from me he said he had it.
I was pissed off cause the neighbour didnt even bother letting me know, but best to stay friendly with the people in the neighbourhood,

I cannot stand DPD, from now on I will ask shipping methods if its via DPD then I'm out!
ok....so the neighbor said he had it....did he open it or still sealed? how long did he have it? weird....just across from you all along....
Old 11-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #18
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
ok....so the neighbor said he had it....did he open it or still sealed? how long did he have it? weird....just across from you all along....
Neighbour had it for 10 days, he didn't even bother letting me know, probably hoped no one would ask for it.
Odd thing was here in europe when you have a package for a neighbour you leave it at the door right so just in case the neighbour shows up you can hand it to him right away.
This guy however had my package in his shed...yeah so big red flag and on top of that holding my package for 10 days without letting me know.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:58 AM   #19
thecollector80

Quote:
Neighbour had it for 10 days, he didn't even bother letting me know, probably hoped no one would ask for it.
Odd thing was here in europe when you have a package for a neighbour you leave it at the door right so just in case the neighbour shows up you cand hand it to him right away.
This guy however had my package in his shed...yeah so big red flag and on top of that holding my package for 10 days without letting me know.
most def he was planning on something but maybe chickend out...but props to him i mean 10 days thats finders keepers
Old 11-17-2023, 03:59 PM   #20
Davidian
Omega Flight

Wow! That's an awesome looking X-23! Glad that it all worked out, but man, that neighbor is shady!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote