Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #481
built2shred
Phoenix

It's a custom statue, they only made 40 of them.... I don't think were allowed to say who makes custom statues, you can PM for the name but it came out at the end of 2017... It also comes with a 2nd portrait without the glasses.. IMO it's the best looking 1:4 scale statue of Supergirl that's out there right now..

I would love to get a Clark Kent 1:4 statue of him doing the same thing, they would look awesome together..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #482
rykerw1701
Justice League

ok, thanks. Great addition to a collection.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #483
pdenham
Teen Titans

like I always do at this time of the year, I set about to taking down and boxing up any statues I've had out during the summer.

The SS Wolverine is going to be a bit of a hassle as the box is buried atm. Supergirl comes in an easy two pieces and the box was handy so I figured I'd just do her first.

When I got the stryo clamshell out, I had forgot just how extensive the wraping on this thing was to begin with

I wanted to do it right so I put on my gloves, studied the pics I'd taken when I got it, and set about to repacking it as close as possible to the way it arrived.

I noticed there seemed to be a styrofoam block between the body and cape, and that seemed to be in place before tissue paper and long, wound, plastic wrapping.

so that's what I went to work on first.
Found the soft block and tried to see the way it was orientated by the indentions left in it.
Started to gingerly press it in between the body and cape and

*snap* Just like a dried twig or Gwen Stacey's neck.

Wasn't applying pressure hard at all- it's just really cheap, brittle resin.

Fortunately, it's a pretty clean break and in the back of the statue where even after it's fixed it won't be seen prominently.

I tried some Gorilla super glue, but that was absolutely useless. My next attempt will be some JB weld or Gorilla 5 minute epoxy, but don't have the time now to devote to fixing it.

I guess this is just a heads up for anyone else who rotates stuff in and out on a regular basis.

It's ironic that I would have been better off just putting it back in the box packed simply rather than trying to "protect it" by following the factory packing.

No good deed...
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:19 PM   #484
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

yikes-sorry to see that happen. That is a shame. As you said, the break is clean and it is in the back so it should not be noticeable.

I do wonder if some of that factory packing is totally necessary. Unless a statue is brand new, how many people can figure out how to pack it up in that stuff since it really is only ever seen once.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #485
Gothamite
Phoenix

Wow, no wires in the cape?

(I use loose packing peanuts to cushion fragile parts like capes, wings, heads, etc. I don't pack things too tightly, though, to avoid what happened to pdenham's Supergirl.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #486
pdenham
Teen Titans

^ Y'know, packing peanuts is a great idea. I'm in the process of breaking down about a dozen boxes from IST orders over the last year, and all the big ones have peanuts. I have about 5 large lawn trash bags full of 'em right now.

Would have been way easier than trying to recreate the mummy wrapping they original gave it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do wonder if some of that factory packing is totally necessary. Unless a statue is brand new, how many people can figure out how to pack it up in that stuff since it really is only ever seen once.
In this case, seeing how quickly and easily the cape snapped I think that was completely necessary packing. I just didn't have a clear idea of how it went , and there was absolutely no warning, and no sense of resistance when I tried fitting that piece in. It broke way too easy.

The one nice thing about this accident is, now that any resale value is shot, I'm more likely to attempt giving it a face transplant somewhere down the road.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #487
Gothamite
Phoenix

I think you should leave the statue as is. It looks like the cape prevents one from admiring the lovely sculpt en totale. Plus, if she's facing the wall, you don't have to re-paint the face anymore.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #488
built2shred
Phoenix

Capes are the one thing I wouldn't mind if they used Fiberglass or PVC to make... Less chance for breakage as the cape would be more flexible.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #489
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

$149.99

Daily deal on entertainment earth, today only (Mon Oct 1 2018)

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...duct-dailydeal
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #490
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
$149.99

Daily deal on entertainment earth, today only (Mon Oct 1 2018)

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...duct-dailydeal
Well...this changes things for all my waffling on this piece.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote